Author Topic: Cannot choose pushback direction if the menu disappears  (Read 898 times)

bryn

Cannot choose pushback direction if the menu disappears
« on: September 06, 2023, 08:27:05 pm »
Often, I'd like to connect the tug before selecting push-back direction. However, if I don't choose the push-back direction the first time the menu comes up, I am unable to select it later (by raising the menu with Ctrl-F12). All that comes up is the 'Interrupt Pushback' menu options. Indeed, the push-back never happens if the menu disappears, and I have to restart couatl. Can I fix this somehow?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot choose pushback direction if the menu disappears
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 02:33:44 pm »
You should have a "Continue Pushback" option.

bryn

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 03:29:40 pm »
No, all that I see is a menu that says 'Interrupt pushback' with two options:
1. Stop here and complete pushback procedure
2. Abort pushback

There is no continue pushback, and I have to reset GSX so I can actually get it started.

bryn

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 08:31:12 pm »
I'm just coming back to this, because there has been no update. Is it a problem with my installation specifically, or is it universal?

It's a real pain, because today I was flying an aircraft that required an engine start before push back. ATC then changed my anticipated push back direction. I couldn't select a direction, because the menu had disappeared. Restarting GSX didn't help either, because it wouldn't start the push back at all now, without me closing the fuel and restarting the engines all over again.

This is only a relatively recent phenomenon. It used to be the case that you could select the direction when the menu disappeared, but no longer.