Author Topic: Jetways at EGKK (Gatwick)  (Read 905 times)

chickster25

Jetways at EGKK (Gatwick)
« on: September 20, 2023, 02:10:41 pm »
Hi,
I am using the Gatwick add-on scenery from Origami Studios and am a little confused as to using the Jetways.

EGKK has a lot of gates, but whenever I pick one, it states that the Jetway is unavailable, even if one is shown or on the one occasion I did get the GSX gate to move, it then connected to the rear of the 737, going straight through the wing to connect.

How do I know which gates have working jetways and which ones do not? I am using a custom profile but when I looked at the GSX configurator, but it did not seem to have any jetways showing as available.

Also, is there any difference between using the gates provided in the scenery or excluding them and using the GSX ones? The ones supplied by Origami do look a lot better, as they have custom adverts for the airport, but I am not sure if this wil lcause more issues with trying to use jetways at this airport?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways at EGKK (Gatwick)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 12:04:05 pm »
Also, is there any difference between using the gates provided in the scenery or excluding them and using the GSX ones?

You can't and (even if you could) you shouldn't exclude a 3rd party jetway when using GSX. It's the opposite way around: you should ALWAYS Exclude GSX jetways when using a 3rd party airport, as explained on the manual, Page 7, and also here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,30462.msg195892.html#msg195892

Failing to do so, would result in exactly the behavior you described. The way you made the question, it seems you thought that "Disabled" in GSX means you were disabling the add-on jetways, when in fact it's the opposite: you are Disabling GSX jetways there, and you should always do that, on a 3rd party airport.