Author Topic: Stair functionality question  (Read 630 times)

xander975

Stair functionality question
« on: September 10, 2023, 12:39:38 am »
I'm trying to make a gsx profile for EgilsstaĆ°ir Airport (BIEG).
While this profile is only for myself to learn how to make profiles in general, I have a couple of questions about something regarding the stairs used by GSX.

I noticed with a lot of profile that the forward stair usually is kinda slip compared to the sort of bigger stairs used for the aft door. Is this something that is configurable, say I want to use 2 sets of big stairs (see the first attachment with the easyjet plane)

And is it possible to have the big stairs use rain covers by default regardless of the weather, or are the rain covers coded in a way to only activate when there is precipitation?
The reason why I'm asking the 2nd question is bc in Iceland pretty much all boarding stairs have rain covers installed bc of the somewhat unpredictable weather, and it would be nice if we have the option to have rain covers installed on boarding stairs by default

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stair functionality question
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 02:06:51 pm »
I noticed with a lot of profile that the forward stair usually is kinda slip compared to the sort of bigger stairs used for the aft door. Is this something that is configurable, say I want to use 2 sets of big stairs (see the first attachment with the easyjet plane)

The airport profile doesn't have anything to do with this.

You are showing a 737, and that airplane front door lower than the rear door ( because of the 737 slightly pitched down attitude at rest ), and this height is not reachable by the vehicle stairs because of their physical size doesn't allow to go that low, so GSX correctly calls for the smaller staircase, which can reach lower heights.

The rear door is high enough for the larger stair, so you get the larger stair.