Author Topic: KLAS - The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error... etc  (Read 1238 times)

Delta95Heavy

Was doing some editing on one of the gates at KLAS (Las Vegas) when this popped up (see image).  I am able to spawn at other airports and everything works fine.  When I go back to LAS I get the pop-up.  I did run Live Update and it didn't resolve the issue (if it was even supposed to).

I did a complete wipe of GSX/GSX Level 2 and all related folders and did a fresh install of GSX and the expansion.  The pop-up still occurred upon spawning at the gate at KLAS.  Windows Defender is set to allow the Addon Manager program and related programs based on browsing the forums.  Not sure what would be causing this at this point with a clean reinstall of GSX.

Also, when running Live Update after the reinstall, Live Update stopped working after updating the GSX Base Objects. If it was supposed to perform steps 2 through 25, it never did and won't go past that (see second image).

Hopefully someone can lead me to a solution.

Delta95Heavy

Solved the issue on my own since no one else responded.

Went into the \AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX\ folder and deleted the LAS configuration settings file.  Restarted FSX and spawned in Las Vegas with no issues.  Hope this helps someone else having the same issue.  Running Live Update didn't do squat for me trying to resolve this.

Would still love an answer to the second question of my original post about Live Update actually updating.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
If you posted your actual error log (the one the message in your first screenshot suggested to open to see the error details ) it might have been possible to say what the problem was.

From your report that it was fixed by removing the custom profile, it seems it was caused by the profile itself but again, posting the error log instead of the screenshot would allow to say that for sure.

Delta95Heavy

If you posted your actual error log (the one the message in your first screenshot suggested to open to see the error details ) it might have been possible to say what the problem was.

From your report that it was fixed by removing the custom profile, it seems it was caused by the profile itself but again, posting the error log instead of the screenshot would allow to say that for sure.

I could have but I did solve the issue before you replied.  I am pretty sure it was something I did while I was configuring KLAS.  But enough of that issue.

I would love to have gotten an answer regarding the second half of my post about the Live Update thing.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I would love to have gotten an answer regarding the second half of my post about the Live Update thing.

The Live Update will never perform all steps, unless you have all FSDT products installed all at the same time. When it's done with all the steps for the products you have, it will automatically quit, and this is normal.

This behavior has been explicitly suggested by users that start the FSDT update as part of an automated process to the start the simulator, so they didn't want it to be interrupted by things like message boxes saying something like the update completed.

That is only in the Live *Update* interface. The same program has the *Installer* interface (it's the same app, with two interfaces), which instead will let you check what's going on, and won't exit automatically.

Delta95Heavy

The Live Update will never perform all steps, unless you have all FSDT products installed all at the same time. When it's done with all the steps for the products you have, it will automatically quit, and this is normal.

This behavior has been explicitly suggested by users that start the FSDT update as part of an automated process to the start the simulator, so they didn't want it to be interrupted by things like message boxes saying something like the update completed.

That is only in the Live *Update* interface. The same program has the *Installer* interface (it's the same app, with two interfaces), which instead will let you check what's going on, and won't exit automatically.

Many thanks for the explanation!  Great product and I love using it!  Might review it on my YouTube channel at some point.