Author Topic: Push back - aircraft "sinks"  (Read 2031 times)

efpg0708

Push back - aircraft "sinks"
« on: February 24, 2023, 05:11:26 am »
Hello guys.

I´ve noticed that once push back is about to start, my aircraft "sinks" into the ground. It happens when I enter slew mode. I´ve done some search on the forum and found out that it has to do with the contact points and cg positions. Does anyone know how to edit these parameters in order to prevent this sinking ?

Thanks

Eduardo

efpg0708

Re: Push back - aircraft "sinks"
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 11:52:16 pm »
Nobody ? ???

jonahbird

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 08:47:12 am »
This has nothing to do with contact points.  I do know how to alter those, but if your aircraft wheels are in normal contact before you engage GSX no adjustment is necessary.
GSX is responsible for this behaviour.  They are concentrating all their efforts on MSFS and neglecting P3D.
I have the same problem and ignore it until pushback is completed.  When GSX shuts off the aircraft returns to its proper contact points.

efpg0708

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 07:41:01 pm »
This has nothing to do with contact points.  I do know how to alter those, but if your aircraft wheels are in normal contact before you engage GSX no adjustment is necessary.
GSX is responsible for this behaviour.  They are concentrating all their efforts on MSFS and neglecting P3D.
I have the same problem and ignore it until pushback is completed.  When GSX shuts off the aircraft returns to its proper contact points.

Thanks for the answer. It makes sense, because it didn’t happen before some GSX updates, and I haven’t change the aircraft.

Can anyone from FSDT step in on this ?

Thanks

Eduardo

LukeK

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 02:39:07 am »

Before you claim GSX is responsible, I would do a simple check of the contact points. Put the aircraft into slew mode. Then take it out. Does the aircraft drop or bounce?

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 11:06:57 am »
It would have been easier for us to "step in", if you provided the most important information that is missing from your report: what is "the aircraft" ? I'm sure it doesn't happen with any type so, saying which one you are using is the first step understanding why it happens.

efpg0708

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 11:09:50 pm »
Hello Umberto

I’m using Sim Avionics 738 v1.9 (it’s a home cockpit).

Thanks

Eduardo

jonahbird

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2023, 06:58:44 am »
Hi Edouardo

I have the same.  It's the original FS Jetmax.  I wonder if you have the same.

Frank

efpg0708

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 06:53:27 am »
Hi Edouardo

I have the same.  It's the original FS Jetmax.  I wonder if you have the same.

Frank

Hi Frank. I used to have the Jetmax until 2016. Moved up to a full DSTD after that.

I have tested the push back function with some default P3D aircraft, and they all sink. So it is GSX related.

Eduardo

efpg0708

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2023, 01:23:57 am »
Umberto,

Any idea on how to fix this ?

Thanks

Eduardo

efpg0708

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2023, 06:41:07 pm »
Hello ?

efpg0708

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2023, 08:33:56 pm »
So, is this going to be ignored ? Not even the “we are looking into it” answer ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2023, 02:29:24 am »
We'll look into it, but please understand that we'll all attend the FS Expo in a week, and we'll be back to work in early July, so nothing can be done for the next 3 weeks or so.