Author Topic: parking editor key assignments  (Read 748 times)

pijnackerpilot

parking editor key assignments
« on: August 20, 2023, 12:57:14 pm »
Hello all,

THis might have been asked a million time by others but I could not find it here, nor in the manual.
When editing the park editor ( to change PAX waypoints) I get a list of key assignments. Amongst others, the numpad 1 and 3 assignments are used for rotating the waypoints but nothing happens when I use those buttons.
The commands to add, remove waypoints and to move waypoints work, but the rotation does not work.
How can I check whether key assignments are correct?

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: parking editor key assignments
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 01:49:20 pm »
The key sentence here is "to change PAX waypoints".

Waypoint rotation is not used for Passengers Waypoints, because they are just...waypoints, passengers will just walk from one to the other, and their orientation will be controlled by the heading of one waypoint to the next, so waypoint rotation is not active when editing Pax (and Airport Walkers) waypoints, because it has no meaning.

The only case where the rotation of the waypoint *itself* has a (very important) meaning, are the waypoints used in the Custom Pushback editor, because they are not really "waypoints", but control points to fit a spline curve that would be affected by the rotation of the control point.