Author Topic: Puzzling Glitch?  (Read 4292 times)

HiFlyer

Puzzling Glitch?
« on: April 08, 2010, 05:13:57 am »
Playing with some new memory sticks o my machine today I have been doing some overclocking tests, playing with voltages, cpu speeds etc.

At the end of the day i started up fsx and the FsDreamteam scenery's claimed that they had not been activated on my machine, and asked did I want to activate them. I said yes and everything seems fine but I am slightly nervous as to what the problem was......
i7 920 @ 3.8ghz \ Coolermaster V8 Cpu Cooler \ Asus P6T Deluxe
Nvidia 280 Gpu \ 6 Gigs Corsair Ram \ Vista 64
X-Fi Extreme Music Audio
AntecTruepower Quattro 850w Psu \ Klipsch Thx Audio Speakers
Gateway FPD2485w 24' Monitor

waleed

Re: Puzzling Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 06:37:45 am »
Indeed that is strange since you did not do a reformat or reinstall.  Perhaps someone with more experience can answer this one.

On the other hand, I doubt that there is a need to worry as far as FSDT re installs are concerned.  They have a very good system when it comes to re activations.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 11:39:05 pm »
Not sure why it would do that but regarding the software, you have nothing to worry about.  You get plenty of activations of the scenery and, should you happen to go over that amount, I believe Virtuali said they could add more (like if you had computer problems like me and had to reinstall the scenery numerous times).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 01:35:39 am »
Depending on the mainboard bios, overclocking might count as an hardware change. The reason why we give 6 activations for each order, is to cover such cases.

And, don't forget there's the automatic reclaim of older activations 90 days after the last activation. So, along the life of a product, one might get more than 6 activations in total, automatically, without our intervention.

Should you need additional activations if you exceeded all the available AND less than 90 days are passed since the last activation was granted, we can add them manually.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 01:37:41 am by virtuali »

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 02:21:07 pm »
Depending on the mainboard bios, overclocking might count as an hardware change. The reason why we give 6 activations for each order, is to cover such cases.

And, don't forget there's the automatic reclaim of older activations 90 days after the last activation. So, along the life of a product, one might get more than 6 activations in total, automatically, without our intervention.

Should you need additional activations if you exceeded all the available AND less than 90 days are passed since the last activation was granted, we can add them manually.

Ok, thank you.

I suspected as much, but was just pretty startled. Like my machine had suddenly barked at me!

I blinked and said "What the.....!"  :P
i7 920 @ 3.8ghz \ Coolermaster V8 Cpu Cooler \ Asus P6T Deluxe
Nvidia 280 Gpu \ 6 Gigs Corsair Ram \ Vista 64
X-Fi Extreme Music Audio
AntecTruepower Quattro 850w Psu \ Klipsch Thx Audio Speakers
Gateway FPD2485w 24' Monitor