Author Topic: GSX crash - EKCH Unloading  (Read 967 times)

aceridgey

GSX crash - EKCH Unloading
« on: April 09, 2023, 11:54:33 am »
Arrival onto stand, select de boarding (no marshalling used).

attached file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX crash - EKCH Unloading
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 11:55:42 pm »
Your log shows you are using an outdated version of the problem. Run the FSDT Live Update to get the current one.

aceridgey

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 05:52:14 pm »
I updated just after this post and yesterday morning and had the crash again.

Has fsdt been updated yesterday that would have fixed this issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2023, 02:01:31 am »

You haven't posted the new log, so I cannot be sure you have the latest version.

aceridgey

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2023, 11:40:21 am »

You haven't posted the new log, so I cannot be sure you have the latest version.

New log attached

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2023, 06:48:57 pm »
You haven't posted the Coautl.LOG file but, instead, the Couatl.ERR panic log, which is a shorter log that is always enabled even with logging is disabled, but doesn't contain enough information about the problem, so it would be best if you enabled logging and, upon the error, post the Couatl.LOG file instead.

Looking what is there in the log, it seems GSX got bad data from Simconnect, the infamous error #99, which is a Simconnect internal error, which indicates something is wrong.

Bad data can come for a number of reasons:

- The scenery has a problem, like a missing jetway (scenery trying to use a jetway model that is not available), but you said it happens "everywhere", so this seems to be unlikely.

- You are using a 3rd party scenery, but you haven't disabled the GSX Jetway replacement file for it, as you always should with any non-default airport. This creates a conflict which results in getting bad data about jetways and their association with a parking. I'm not saying I'm sure you did this, but precisely since I cannot possibly know, I need to list this case as possible too.

- Simconnect is just being broken by having reached the maximum number of objects allowed in the scene, after which it starts to returns erratic results and bad data. This is usually caused by too much AI traffic, especially with AI Injection, and way more easily at large airports.

aceridgey

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2023, 10:27:40 pm »
I think the above was a copy paste, but it's only happening at this airport. So how do I begin to diagnose? I've reinstalled the scenery, same issue.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 10:23:59 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2023, 10:28:17 am »
I think the above was a copy paste, but it's only happening at this airport.

Of course it's a copy/paste and how, exactly, is making it less useful ? When I said "Bad data can come for a number of reasons", the first possible reason was "the scenery has a problem" so, if this happens only there, it might really be a problem of the scenery.

But even the 2nd reason might be possible: if you haven't disabled the GSX jetway replacement for that airport after you installed it, you'll have issues with jetways there, because the GSX replacement file is only supposed to be used with the default airport so, each time you install a new 3rd party airports, you must always go through the GSX "Config" panel and either click the "Exclude 3rd party" button OR add the ICAO of the newly installed airport to the Disabled list.