Author Topic: Parking brake issues for MD-88  (Read 620 times)

mayuyuyukirin

Parking brake issues for MD-88
« on: March 30, 2023, 01:02:49 pm »
When I try to pushback my md-88 , it always says " release parking brake" though I have already released it.

Plz help

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking brake issues for MD-88
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 01:59:49 pm »
If you mean the Leonardo MD, isn't supposed the airplane coming with a pre-made GSX config file in its folder ?

As far as I know, the base version didn't use a custom Parking brake system, meaning the airplane use the standard variable for Parking brakes, so it should work.

- If this variant doesn't use the standard variable for parking brakes anymore, then a custom one should be specified in the GSX.CFG file, but it's strange if they made this change, they didn't added to it.

- If nothing has changed, and the parking brake variable used is the standard one, then the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, for some reason the parking brake variable is not set, possibly because of some other system that needs to be set correctly as well ( hydraulic pressure, maybe ? )

reverentan

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 02:22:03 pm »
When I try to pushback my md-88 , it always says " release parking brake" though I have already released it.

Plz help

Thanks
Have you turned on the anti-collision light? That's what toggling the chocks on/off so unless you have it on the aircraft will act as if the parking brake is set.

mayuyuyukirin

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 04:39:53 pm »

Plz help

Thanks
Have you turned on the anti-collision light? That's what toggling the chocks on/off so unless you have it on the aircraft will act as if the parking brake is set.

Solve it

Thanks

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 03:22:54 pm »
Interesting. That's the first time I've ever heard of an airplane doing that.
Captain Kevin