Author Topic: Boarding Audio - Pilot and Crew  (Read 1305 times)

dmr_w10

Boarding Audio - Pilot and Crew
« on: March 26, 2023, 04:06:28 pm »
Good Day!

I have a general question regarding the audio during boarding.  Previously, the GSX provided a call out when Pilot boarding started and again when boarded; this also occurred when the crew and passengers boarding started and ended.  Was this feature removed at some point?  I've reviewed the change log on the forum, and I didn't see anything on the topic.

I'm running version 2.4.4 and I do hear cabin audio when the passengers are boarding.

Thank you in advance.

David
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 04:16:01 pm by dmr_w10 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Boarding Audio - Pilot and Crew
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 12:08:22 pm »
You must have disable the "aural cues" option in the sound settings.

dmr_w10

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 03:18:11 pm »
Thank you for the reply. 

I checked the setting you suggested, it appears to be turned on.  I've attached a screen shot of the menu and a log file.

As an example, when I request catering, I hear the truck pull up and load taking place.  I did not hear the audio "catering is on its way". When I call for boarding, I receive the menu request for whom I want to board, I do not hear the pilot boarding starting etc....I do hear the passenger audio when they start the boarding process.  Additionally, something I hear the oral warning for the jetway and sometimes I don't. I assume this may be the 3rd party airport but now sure. 

Thank you for the support.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 03:26:22 pm »
The background noises during boarding and vehicle sounds in general are not the aural cues. Those voices you seems to miss are the ones that announce a service and are in fact controller by that setting.

Note that, it's only active after restarting Couatl after changing the setting.

dmr_w10

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 05:27:54 pm »
Thanks,

I rebooted the PC and restarted Couatl. You are correct, I'm missing the voices that announce a service. 

It's very odd.

Perhaps I'll try a complete uninstall and reinstall to see if that provides a resolution.

dmr_w10

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 07:48:47 pm »
You can close this post.

For the achieves...

I removed and reinstalled GSX, this did not resolve the issue.  I reset all the audio setting within Windows which fixed the issue.  This is odd as I would get audio from the other features in GSX. 

Thanks again.