Author Topic: some sound and graphic issues  (Read 8449 times)

MudDog

some sound and graphic issues
« on: March 25, 2010, 02:04:08 am »
Hello gents,
       I've been away from FSX for a long time and am really liking the Hornet and carrier mods.Hats off to you guys!!!
I just installed the new soundpack and wish i could hear the external sounds,this has been an issue since installing FSX,internal sounds volume is fine,external sounds are very weak and almost unnoticeable.Ive checked the sliders and all are maxxed!
ALSO,I cannot read the cockpit instrument labels at all in 3D pit,Is this normal??? The HUD is perfect.
I have WinXP,8800GT at 1920x1200,24 bit SB live ,

DirectX 9c (i think)seams to me FSX is dx10 and Im not sure if thats installed,maybe thats my prob???
I fly OpenFalcon4.7 with the 148th Bulldogs,I want to make sure newer DX drivers dont have issues with Falcon.
thanks
MudDog 148th VFW

Razgriz

Re: some sound and graphic issues
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 03:45:38 am »
In your settings, make sure your aircraft slider is set to Ultra High.  That should solve the VC being blurry.

MudDog

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:08:35 pm »
I will check that ,thanks
Anyone have ideas about the sound???

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 09:29:23 pm »
MUDDOG...

Sounds like it might be a sound card driver or a sound control panel issue?  Can you get back with some system specifics (ie, creative driver, winxp sp2 or 3?, fsx ONLY sound problems or other games too?, directx9.?? release version), so we can try to help more.

Later
Sludge

MudDog

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 05:00:41 pm »
5.12.0001.0314 sound driver version,SP2 and FSX only issue.Video driver 6.14.001.8208 and
DX version 9.0c 4.09.0000.0904
I dont normally fly in external view,but with the new sound pack I wanted to hear the burner :)
I do have a new sound card laying around that I have.nt installed yet,its an extreme gamer.
thanks,
Mud

MudDog

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 06:05:55 am »
bump

Orion

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 06:22:42 am »
I think I'm getting some of the same issues, or similar at least.  I thought the sounds in the new soundpack were a bit quieter, at least comparing the default FA-18 afterburner to the one in the soundpack.  I've also had trouble reading cockpit buttons, but I think that may be due to filtering, as it's easily readable on my other computer.

If you're looking to increase only specific sounds, go to the Settings tab within FSX, then click on Sound.  This window should come up:

Adjust to your liking.

As for the buttons, try going to your Graphics settings and selecting Anisotropic filtering.  This may cause a drop in frame rate, but I think it should help make things clearer.

MudDog

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 10:04:20 pm »
I had stated that my sound sliders are maxxed!!!
 ;D
I will try the Aniso setting
thanks,
Mud

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 10:28:42 pm »
Mud...

Sorry I havent responded earlier.  I was thinking bout your problem with the sounds.  Now, being that its only FSX, have you checked other forums as well?  Also, do you have your normal Windows sound control panel setup correctly (ie, headphones, 2.1, or 5.1, whatever your system is)?  I know with my sound system, if Im not setup correctly, its hard to hear any games.  If Im setup for headphones instead of 5.1, I cant hear some sounds at all.  Also, you might want to try installing WinXP SP3, just in case something in there might help?!

Im asking simply to help troubleshoot.  You have a soundblaster w/what seem to be current drivers, so Im going from there.  In the Creative sound config program, when you open that, are you at default settings?  No EAX or other effects enabled, that might get in the way?

Maybe, if we arent helping... talk to this guy.  Just googled "fsx muted sounds" and came up with this.
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6023

Later
Sludge

GOONIE

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 10:29:32 pm »
Mud,

I had a similar problem with the new F/A-18 sounds I downloaded from FSXNAVYPILOT, the sounds were really weak/quiet when compared to my other sounds (default F/A-18), something that worked for me was reducing the hardware acceleration from full to none in my DirectXDiagnostic Tool (to get the 44kHz sounds to work for the new f-18 sound files). To open the dxdiag tool, follow these steps

Step One: Click Start, and select the menu item Run

Step Two: In the Run dialog box, type: dxdiag

Step Three: Click Ok

Then click on the sound tab in the tool and reduce the hardware acceleration slider from full to none. This worked for me so give it a try, if not you can always move the slider back to full acceleration.

Cheers, Capt

"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

MudDog

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 02:26:56 am »
Thanks for the great help!!!
I will try a few of your suggestions and see if it helps.
@Sludge-Good link there,I read that and now im thinking that since I upgraded my CPU from a Pent D to a core 2 duo is a possability where my
issue started.
I can live with it since it is ONLY external view sounds that are weak.Its just really cool to watch the "sound pack video" and hear all that ear candy in external view on there and not
on my own game!! ;D

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 05:26:37 am »
BTW, I made this sound pack on a Core 2 Duo system  ;)  Not sure that this proc is the reason of your troubles. Obviously it is somewhere deep in the FSX, as both internal and external samples are of the same format, bitrates etc. Incidentally, the default Hornet samples are a mix of various wav formats, but work perfectly. Definately ACES guys are magicians...  ;D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 08:49:11 am by fsxnavypilot »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

MudDog

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 06:44:11 pm »
Mud,

I had a similar problem with the new F/A-18 sounds I downloaded from FSXNAVYPILOT, the sounds were really weak/quiet when compared to my other sounds (default F/A-18), something that worked for me was reducing the hardware acceleration from full to none in my DirectXDiagnostic Tool (to get the 44kHz sounds to work for the new f-18 sound files). To open the dxdiag tool, follow these steps

Step One: Click Start, and select the menu item Run

Step Two: In the Run dialog box, type: dxdiag

Step Three: Click Ok

Then click on the sound tab in the tool and reduce the hardware acceleration slider from full to none. This worked for me so give it a try, if not you can always move the slider back to full acceleration.

Cheers, Capt

that was it!!! it seems to work fine on basic acceleration or none!!! thanks
I also figured out my graphics issues too,everything was maxxed except the Global slider
thanks everyone!
Mud