Author Topic: GSX shows installed but is nowhere in the game  (Read 959 times)

kingnorris

GSX shows installed but is nowhere in the game
« on: March 11, 2023, 05:33:51 am »
As the title says. I installed and updated GSX Pro into my MSFS 2020 Microsoft Store edition and although the installer shows "installed" and "Active", it's not in either the content manager nor the MSFS tool bar.

Also, the Coautl desktop shortcut, when I click it, does nothing. It's like the program isn't even in the game.

The Add On manager went to default location of Program Files x86. Everything seems to be in order, so I'm stumped as to why the game isn't showing it anywhere?

pete_auau

Re: GSX shows installed but is nowhere in the game
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 06:29:25 am »
i  got  the  steam  version of  msfs  and   gsx  got  installed  into my  comunnity  folder ,  where  did  you  install  the  gsx  pro

kingnorris

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 06:38:49 am »
Most went into the Add-on folder in program files 86x, and two files went into the community folder.

kingnorris

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 11:56:14 pm »
Figured it out. I downloaded the MS store version instead of the Steam version. Duh.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 06:00:46 am »
Figured it out. I downloaded the MS store version instead of the Steam version. Duh.

Note the GSX version is exactly the same, and no files are duplicated, which is one of the many benefits of installing using only Symbolic links to the Addon Manager folder\MSFS, instead of placing actual files in the Community folder.

So, in case you have both the MS Store and the Steam versions of MSFS installed at the same time, when you select the one to use from the Installer, you are just saying to the installer which of the two separate Community folders you want it to operate on, but the GSX Pro installation (and other sceneries as well) will only be one, just linked to the simulator version the installer is currently set to operate on.

Another advantage is, since there's only one copy of all FSDT products, when you update them, they'll be updated in both versions of the sim.