Author Topic: Loading GSX Menu, please wait...  (Read 924 times)

sirtopper

Loading GSX Menu, please wait...
« on: February 28, 2023, 06:01:36 pm »
So after seeing many streamers use it I made the leap and purchased GSX for MSFS. I have not been able to use it once! I have seen lots of post about this but I haven’t seen anything that is helping me. After running MSFS as normal I get the GSX icon on the Tool Bar and if I click on it I get the GSX Main Menu. My problem is it just remains on ‘Loading GSX Menu, please wait…’ with the spinning graphics. The tray icon for Couatl is running and displays, ‘Airport Cache loaded successfully’
I have restarted Couatl in the task bar lots of times. I have tried at different airports with different aircraft.
I have installed and uninstalled and reinstalled many times but with no luck. I have run everything with Administration rights but still no luck. I have updated, checked and Configured different options. So I have tried Extra Ground clutter on and off. I have Used SU10 Navdata API on and off still no luck.
I don’t know where the couatl.log file is so I am unable read any information from it.
My current version of GSX Pro is 2.2.8 and Couatl is 4.0
Anyone have any ideas where to go next? Many thanks in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Loading GSX Menu, please wait...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 06:15:22 pm »
I don’t know where the couatl.log file is so I am unable read any information from it.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

sirtopper

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 08:57:38 pm »
Thanks I managed to generate a couatl.log file. I had a quick look at it and it said GSX was disabled in the CouatlAddons.ini file. I couldn’t help but to have look and under [parkme] and [gsx] it had disable=1. I changed to 0 and restarted gsx and couatl and it worked.
Thanks for help on this

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 10:31:11 pm »
I had a quick look at it and it said GSX was disabled in the CouatlAddons.ini file. I couldn’t help but to have look and under [parkme] and [gsx] it had disable=1. I changed to 0 and restarted gsx and couatl and it worked.

You must have disabled it from FSX or P3D, even a long while ago ( the MSFS version doesn't offer that option ), but that particular setting is shared by the two simulators, so it ended up disabled in MSFS as well.