Author Topic: Please remove simbrief restrictions -- AGAIN  (Read 1569 times)

pchimbolo

Please remove simbrief restrictions -- AGAIN
« on: January 03, 2023, 01:29:54 am »
I see here, and across other flight sim boards, that people are looking to optionally disable the departure time check for our Simbrief flight plan and simply allow us to proceed with the flight at whatever local time we decide to load the sim.   Some like it.  Fine.  Some, like myself, find it an annoying additional step to figure out UTC time relative to the departure location's local time.   PLEASE just provide a toggle for this.   I'm also not looking to debate hardcore flight simmers on this issue, so don't waste your time folks.   

Thanks for this great product!

ibeam

Re: Please remove simbrief restrictions -- AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 04:09:17 am »
curious, I am a user like you.  I always disregard any times in simbrief, load the sim and then use the slider to change my time (usually 4-5 before current/actual  time).  No problem.  What is actually happening on your install that is causing you an issue?  Really, I am just curious as I have noticed nothing and I may be doing something wrong/different.

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 03:14:57 pm »
Agree, I'd like a toggle on this for those of us who frequently don't fly synced to real-world time.

helium4603

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 09:44:09 pm »
Hello all,

I'm here to vote for this option as well.  Having to depend on simbrief time doesn't work for the way I fly.  When I fly, I use the schedule time my VA has in the schedule so I'm never flying in "real time" and I'm always adjusting my sim time to match the schedule.

To have this as a option to not use it would be truly appreciated!

helium4603

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 11:20:03 pm »
I just wanted to say thank you to the FSDT staff for making this optional in the latest update!   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 03:51:36 pm »
I just wanted to say thank you to the FSDT staff for making this optional in the latest update!

We always read all suggestions, and they are added whenever possible and makes sense.