Author Topic: Numeric keypad keyboard problem  (Read 711 times)

Mirtec1971

Numeric keypad keyboard problem
« on: March 09, 2023, 06:02:23 pm »
How can I use the numbers (1tn -2tn .... ) of the numpad of both the main keyboard and the wifi external secondary keyboard, which I use in my simulator. That is, when he opens the GSX MENU on screen, I have to use the numbers on the main keyboard. Can it be solved . Thanks in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Numeric keypad keyboard problem
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 09:21:06 am »
I don't know what you say if this can be "solved", as if was a bug.

The numeric keys on the main keyboard and the ones on the numpad are completely different things, and the numpad keys are also used for other things in the sim, which due to a limitation how MSFS works ( it forbids add-ons to momentarily "steal" keys, something which was allowed in FSX and P3D ), any key you press in the menu will be received by the simulator as well, firing both events, so the numeric keys on the main keyboard, other than being the most obvious choice, it's also the safest, because they are not normally used for anything else without a modifier.

Some alternatives might be:

- A wireless mini keyboard with numeric keys, likes this one:

https://a.co/d/iIdMnJu

- A Streamdeck, for which you can find already made GSX profiles, that do even more than just selecting the menus:

https://flightsim.to/file/39482/gsx-pro-streamdeck-xl-profile-aao-scripts

Mirtec1971

Re: Numeric keypad keyboard problem
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 10:27:53 am »
Many thanks,

I didn't mean that it was a GSX bug, but coming from P3D, where my simulator and its accessories worked with the add-on software, I try to figure out if I need to better configure my devices IN Msfs 2020 thanks for the advice, I think the numeric keyboard could be a solution. Thank you