Author Topic: Sporadic lag spikes since deicer update  (Read 830 times)

Ioan92

Sporadic lag spikes since deicer update
« on: January 24, 2023, 12:00:26 pm »
Hey,

Just want to report that I'm getting weird sporadic lag spikes since the deicers update. It seemingly triggers at random both on the ground when gsx is active and in the air. The spikes last 2-3 seconds and are quite pronounced. Maybe somethings up in the background. This didn't happen before and no other addon was installed since.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Sporadic lag spikes since deicer update
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 03:47:05 pm »
Nothing that can possibly caused this has been changed in GSX, since the one and only updates were related to the deicing vehicles

While in the air, the only thing GSX does is to periodically ask for a least of nearby airports using Navdata. Nothing has changed in this update to that either, but of course the number of airports returned by Simconnect will wildly change depending on the area flew, so you can be easily misled thinking "it only started to happen now", but maybe you just flew in an area with more airports.

Ioan92

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 05:51:25 pm »
Will keep monitoring then.

Copper

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 05:53:35 pm »
Did not see such thing on my last flights since the update.
Try closing Couatl in your system tray once this happens - I bet the lag spikes will still persist. With couatl closed, GSX does not inject anything.