Author Topic: Removing Couatl entry from exe.xml  (Read 1763 times)

FlyingAce

Removing Couatl entry from exe.xml
« on: December 18, 2022, 05:17:54 am »
Is it possible to remove the exe.xml entry for Couatl scripting engine so the sim doesn't attempt to start it unless I choose to start it manually? If yes, are these the lines that should be removed?

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Couatl</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\couatl64_MSFS.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
Tony B.

i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, ASUS GTX1070 GPU with 8GB VRAM, 500GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD, 2 ASUS 24" monitors and 1 Samsung 19" monitor.

RogePete

Re: Removing Couatl entry from exe.xml
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 09:23:58 am »
If this is the only entry in the exe.xml, you also could just remove the whole exe.xml. That's it.
If there's more in the xml and you just would like to remove the couatl launch, yes, these are the lines to be removed.

Beacon

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2022, 11:02:34 am »
Hi,
You can also simply change the False to True in between the Disabled variables. This will also stop the couatl from starting automatically and you can quickly switch it back if needed.

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Couatl</Name>
        <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    </Launch.Addon>

FlyingAce

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 01:13:59 am »
If this is the only entry in the exe.xml, you also could just remove the whole exe.xml. That's it.
If there's more in the xml and you just would like to remove the couatl launch, yes, these are the lines to be removed.

Thank you RogePete for your help. It's greatly appreciated. Yes, there are other entries in the file so deleting it won't be the best option.
Tony B.

i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, ASUS GTX1070 GPU with 8GB VRAM, 500GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD, 2 ASUS 24" monitors and 1 Samsung 19" monitor.

FlyingAce

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 01:16:03 am »
Hi,
You can also simply change the False to True in between the Disabled variables. This will also stop the couatl from starting automatically and you can quickly switch it back if needed.

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Couatl</Name>
    </Launch.Addon>

Thank you Beacon for your help. I really like your suggestion. I will do that. Cheers.
Tony B.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 01:31:11 pm »
Is it possible to remove the exe.xml entry for Couatl scripting engine so the sim doesn't attempt to start it unless I choose to start it manually? If yes, are these the lines that should be removed?

Setting the <Disabled> property to True is the safest option, and also the easiest to restore.

willc

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 09:21:20 pm »
Hi,

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Couatl</Name>
    </Launch.Addon>
Hi, how exactly would I go about editing this. Do I require an additional app to get to this code.
Thanks, Will