Author Topic: GSX doesn't work  (Read 1484 times)

tecno

GSX doesn't work
« on: January 06, 2023, 03:41:27 pm »
I purchased GSX on January 3rd. I've tried installing it several times to no avail. When I launch FSX the airport cache doesn't load. I installed GSX blocking antivirus and firewall. I attach the couatl.err. file, I don't understand anything and hoping that someone can help me.
I am Italian with little familiarity with English.
Greetings Lawrence

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 05:18:15 pm »
That's the panic log, but is not complete enough for troubleshooting. When GSX doesn't start, you can enable the full log this way:

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- REMOVE this folder, so we can see what's happening during the cache rebuilding:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali

- Start the sim

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, ZIP it and post its content

tecno

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 05:54:47 pm »
The file you asked me to create is empty. There is only the file I attached earlier.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 06:36:36 pm »
The file you asked me to create is empty. There is only the file I attached earlier.

Which is why I said:

Open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file

After you type that, the file won't be empty anymore and, since on the next step you were supposed to SAVE IT as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, it cannot be empty, if you just typed the text you were supposed to type and saved it.

Don't confuse this file you are creating ( couatl.INI ), to the one that will be created as a log file AFTER the sim runs, which will be called couatl.LOG, provided of course you typed the line in the couatl.INI correctly, as indicated in the previous post.

tecno

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 07:27:31 pm »
I created the file as you told me and saved it as couatl.ini inside %APPDATA%\Virtuali, I launched FSX, it started generating the airport cache reaching 85% then the indication disappeared. I opened %APPDATA%\Virtuals but there is no couatl.LOG file

Delta777LR

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2023, 11:22:11 am »
I created the file as you told me and saved it as couatl.ini inside %APPDATA%\Virtuali, I launched FSX, it started generating the airport cache reaching 85% then the indication disappeared. I opened %APPDATA%\Virtuals but there is no couatl.LOG file

You have to hit gsx on the add on menu, go to settings and go to where you see troubleshoot and on there, you have to check the mini box to enable the Couatl log. And it will be on the appdata/virtuali and open it as notepad

tecno

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2023, 12:01:43 pm »
Sorry Delta777LR but in FSX in the bar where there is additional modules only Addon Manager appears but not GSX, therefore I don't know how to follow your instructions.

Delta777LR

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2023, 06:50:58 am »
Sorry Delta777LR but in FSX in the bar where there is additional modules only Addon Manager appears but not GSX, therefore I don't know how to follow your instructions.

Yea now that you mentioned it. I’m in the same situation myself as far as GSX vanishing and rebuilding constant along with the FSPUIC later going during flight which the combination in my situation might be a Simconnect overload but I haven’t still been able to fix that problem which has been a month in a half. But yea as long as GSX still shows on menu you can go right into the settings and head to trouble and enable the Couatl log as you can hit browser and u will be able to view it from there as it will show up on appdata/virtual.

tecno

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2023, 02:38:47 pm »
I followed the suggestion of the Topic: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started / airac Herve Sors cause pb[SOLVED] (Read 266 times).
Or : having already installed GSX, I went to this link: https://www.aero.sors.fr, Navdata, downloaded FSX/P3D update. Unpacked the ZIP file, launched the install and uninstalled all the files of all the proposed regions. So I reinstalled everything except the Americas files. Launched FSX, the airport caches are loaded and the add-on modules drop-down menu appears Addon Manager, Couatl, GSX and after testing everything is operational.

tecno

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2023, 02:13:00 pm »
problem solved thanks