Author Topic: Probably me but i can't get the installer to work  (Read 842 times)

Mickyaussie

Probably me but i can't get the installer to work
« on: January 07, 2023, 06:58:35 pm »
Hello ! My kids bought me GSX since it was very high on my birthday-wishlist.. This was one month ago. I installed it and the installer worked and started installing stuff and i entered my serial key. Could not get the product to  work..it looked like it had an uncomplete install of gsX....so i had a look at the forums first, checked some youtube-clips but unfortunately I could not get it to work so uninstalled everything (addon-manage  and the virtuali-stuff in the appdata/roaming).  But when i try to re-install the fsdream-installer , i get two desktop icons (one saying FSDT LIve update and one FSDT installer). But whichever i click it always says the same ..it starts the live update and not the installer. I am completely lost :-) ...i probably have to delete something else somewhere or it is because i already activated my serial key once ? If it's possible, can you point me in a direction so I can get the installer back to work and  try to re-install GSX ?
If necessary, i can send some  screenshots  of what happens and which path it uses to "launch". I tr ied the firewall and virusscan -solutions already. Thank you for looking into it and maybe help me out with a solution. Really want to tryout GSX :-  Have a nice day from Belgium !

Mickyaussie

Re: Probably me but i can't get the installer to work
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 11:19:41 pm »
Like I said,probably me.....the offline-installer seems to work (had not tried that one)..GSX is downloading, fingers crossed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 07:43:27 am »
But when i try to re-install the fsdream-installer , i get two desktop icons (one saying FSDT LIve update and one FSDT installer). But whichever i click it always says the same ..it starts the live update and not the installer.

This is very strange, and nobody ever reported before the two icons doing the same thing. The icons are created by the FSDT Universal Installer so, you might want to try this:

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager to the antivirus Exclusions

- Uninstall the FSDT Universal Installer

- Download the current version from this site ( in the MSFS Products page )

- Reinstall it

- Be sure the two icons are working

Like I said,probably me.....the offline-installer seems to work (had not tried that one)..GSX is downloading, fingers crossed

The Offline installer might have been able to get you the latest installer/updater.

However, it's not a replacement for the installer and the Live Updater, you should always install and update Live first, then use the Offline installer only if you suspect you are being hit by the issue of your local cloudflare node not fully updated, so you would at least be sure to get the latest GSX *code* from the Offline installer but, anything else like updated objects, models and textures that has been released recently can only be obtained from the regular Live installer/updater, GSX install it's a 6GB download, it cannot possibly fully replaced by a 130MB installer.

Mickyaussie

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 03:40:32 pm »
First of all , thank you for your reply . Much appreciated !
Indeed strange, will post some screenshots of the path it takes. But i'm sure i can get it to work. Only issue is that I also use Mcafee and like you already pointed out, Mcafee does not allow full maps to be excluded and you can not completely disable the virusscanner.  So maybe that is the main issue here but the first time it installed without an issue but i did not have enough room on my c-drive therefore it stopped installing. So i pointed it to my G-drive (which has the correct format) and then the issue arose. I will keep you updated on my progress , yesterday-evening it installed nicely but i did install it again on my c-drive (where i cleared up some space) but still not enough. He who perseveres , wins !