Author Topic: GSX and PMDG 737 passengers boarding  (Read 1746 times)

Eziocin

GSX and PMDG 737 passengers boarding
« on: December 20, 2022, 09:59:40 am »
Hello,
maybe already clarified in other posts, but I haven't been able to find it, so apologize me for making the question. The simple question is: even if all the necessary conditions for a proper Simbrief integration are met, my understanding is that during passengers boarding and cargo loading on a PMDG 737, I will not be able to see the number of passengers and the cargo figures changing progressively in the PMDG FMC payload page. Is my understanding correct ?

Thanks

Ezio   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and PMDG 737 passengers boarding
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 01:40:20 pm »
I will not be able to see the number of passengers and the cargo figures changing progressively in the PMDG FMC payload page. Is my understanding correct ?

It's normal you can't.

There's no such thing as a "standard" passenger number simulation that different add-ons can use, because the passenger number is not something the simulator itself supports so, any add-on, be it GSX, or an airplane or a flight planner or any other utility that deals with passengers, has its own internal passenger simulation, which other add-ons can't use, unless the specific add-on explicitly exposes its own internal passengers simulation so that other add-ons code some kind of behaviour to coordinate it with their own simulation.

GSX DOES expose its own internal passenger simulation to other add-ons in a fully documented way, which airplane developers can use to coordinate their own simulation with GSX's one.  Leonardo's Mad Dog has added GSX integration in a recent update, so this can be done by any developer, should they decide to do so.

Eziocin

Re: GSX and PMDG 737 passengers boarding
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 01:47:46 pm »
Thanks for your reply and explanation..
Ezio