Author Topic: Attempting to reinstall Addon Manager and GSX in a different location  (Read 1405 times)

Lerno1

I had Addon Manager and GSX installed on an external drive, but have decided to move them to my primary C: drive. I attempted to delete the Addon Manager folder from the old location and uninstalling the only reference to FSDT I found in the "add or remove programs" part of the Settings app. After redownloading the Universal Installer and telling it to create a new Addon Manager location, and then opening the installer, the installer immediately creates an Addon Manager folder in the old location, and forcibly installs GSX there too.

I am guessing my previous install was not fully removed and there remained a trace telling the installer where Addon Manager is located (when it should not be there anymore). What can I do to either fully uninstall all traces of FSDT/GSX or simply tell the installer to reference a new location for the Addon Manager folder?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Attempting to reinstall Addon Manager and GSX in a different location
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 04:37:37 pm »
When you Uninstall the "FSDT Universal Installer" from the Control Panel, the registry key that stores the Addon Manager location is cleared, so you'll be free to choose a new install location for the Universal Installer, the next time you install it.

Unfortunately, by removing the Addon Manager folder, you lost its Uninstaller .EXE, so that process won't be executed anymore. To fix this:

- Download and install the current FSDT Universal Installer, it will still go in the original folder, but that's not a problem.

- Uninstall the FSDT Universal Installer, so it will clear the registry.

- Reinstall it again, you'll be now able to select a new destination for the Addon Manager.

Lerno1

Re: Attempting to reinstall Addon Manager and GSX in a different location
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 05:56:59 pm »
Thanks for the response, Umberto. I ran the uninstaller without deleting the Addon Manager folder and reran the installer, now all seems to work! Much appreciated, have a great day