Author Topic: GSX Spins It's Wheels During Descent  (Read 832 times)

Pioneer

GSX Spins It's Wheels During Descent
« on: December 22, 2022, 01:12:34 am »
After descending below 10k feet I hit CTL-F12 to choose the airport and gate. GSX pops up and just keeps spinning. I go to restart GSX and when I hover over the icon it disappears. Then after restarting it again I can choose the airport and gate.

Am I missing a step somewhere?
I7-13700K @ 5.3Ghz, MSI Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, Corsair H100i Platinum AIO Cooler, Gigabyte RTX 4070ti GPU, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5 RAM, Samsung 1TB NVMe + 4 x 1TB SSD's, 27" LG 27GL850-B QHD Monitor, Cooler Master MasterCase H500, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, MSFS, Logitech X52 Pro

JetNoise

Re: GSX Spins It's Wheels During Descent
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 08:22:48 am »
Yes, its about every flight sometime close to the destination, where GSX (Couatl) dies and has to be restarted.

If i remember, I'll collect the Couatl.err files and post them here ...

Oliver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Spins It's Wheels During Descent
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 11:15:07 am »
After descending below 10k feet I hit CTL-F12 to choose the airport and gate. GSX pops up and just keeps spinning. I go to restart GSX and when I hover over the icon it disappears. Then after restarting it again I can choose the airport and gate.

Several users reported Couatl quitting in flight, but we haven't been able to reproduce it so, we would need to have more data about which add-ons you are using, the airplane used, the route taken, etc.

In any case, the Couatl program has been designed to be started and restarted at any time, so starting manually, even if might be slightly annoying, won't cause any issues to it or the simulator.