Author Topic: Filename for NAVDATA API files cant be changed  (Read 789 times)

AUA9085

• My Youtube Profile :)
Filename for NAVDATA API files cant be changed
« on: November 12, 2022, 06:11:22 pm »
Hey Umberto,

for my understanding it does not matter what is written behind the icao-xxxx (ex EDDF-justanexample).
With Navdata API option on and since the last update GSX is creating and recognizing the Navdata ini files, but the filename can not be changed.

With the "legacy" one i dont have the  Problem.

Is that a bug or works as designed cause it needs some recogniziation with the API?

BR
Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Filename for NAVDATA API files cant be changed
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 07:04:53 pm »
With Navdata API option on and since the last update GSX is creating and recognizing the Navdata ini files, but the filename can not be changed

The filename surely can be changed but, there's a new option that, if a good .INI file has been found, meaning one that matches the navdata perfectly, its name will be SAVED in the [GSX] section of the couatladdons.ini file. This is also in case you have multiple .INI files for the same airport, it will try to use the one matching more parking spots, and if they are both "good", it will allow you to choose one AND it will save your preference.

This means, your .INI file should be renamed before its preference is saved. If you want to fix a file you renamed after it was saved, edit %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini and find the line in the GSX section for that airport, for example:

profile_eddf = xxxxx

And change it as you renamed it, setting ONLY the part *after* the dash, not including the dash itself.