Author Topic: Just Warp Me There  (Read 1005 times)

trisho0

Just Warp Me There
« on: November 05, 2022, 10:23:26 pm »
Loaded MSFS2020 with a car in LZIB Bratislava airport runway 31. All scenery looks sharp and good textures. GSX Main Menu appears, and I select Gate 5A. I pick the option "Just Warp Me There". My car in the Gate 5A ready but around I see blurry textures. What can be done to correct it? If I drive from runway 31 to the Gate 5A the apron is sharp with good textures.
I posted the bad and good ones. This occurs with any plane.
Any comments to give a try?
Patricio Valdes

Beacon

Re: Just Warp Me There
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 01:55:44 pm »
I think that’s a common thing and how the MSFS works. The textures look blurry because the game engine still thinks that you are on the runway 31 and because of that it lowers the resolution of textures far away to increase frames. If you change to drone cam and zoom out a bit and then zoom in again, they should load correctly. I don’t think there is anything to be done about that, it’s just how the game works.

Kind regards,
Marcin Kwiatkowski

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 09:55:10 am »
If you change to drone cam and zoom out a bit and then zoom in again, they should load correctly. I don’t think there is anything to be done about that, it’s just how the game works.

That's correct, the sim doesn't expect a "Warp", so it needs to be "woken up" by using the Drone camera to move out a bit to trigger a texture update.

trisho0

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 05:59:19 pm »
Drone Camera? I am new on that, how to use it?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 06:18:11 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022, 06:18:52 pm »
Drone Camera? I am new on that, how to use it?

It's call Showcase camera, in the standard camera menu in the sim. It's best controlled with an Xbox gamepad.

trisho0

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 06:55:54 pm »
I will take a look at that Showcase camera from settings, I guess. I don't use Xbox gamepad but only joystick.
Umberto, thanks for guiding me.
Patricio Valdes

trisho0

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 07:24:16 pm »
I found the issue is not GSX, MSFS and aircraft but the car from posted image. So, my car needs attention (lol).
Thanks to all and I am sure other users will find this thread helpful.
Patricio Valdes