Author Topic: How to configure ground communication sound?  (Read 2127 times)

Enzo Augusto

How to configure ground communication sound?
« on: September 27, 2022, 05:56:39 pm »
Good afternoon, congratulations on the product, spectacular, but I did not like the sound of communication with the ground, the conversation between pilot and ground team is horrible, it seems that it is a Russian who does not know how to speak English properly, the previous GSX (P3D) communication in english it was perfect, is there any way for me to change the speech without having to install other third party WAV files?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to configure ground communication sound?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 10:15:35 am »
the conversation between pilot and ground team is horrible, it seems that it is a Russian who does not know how to speak English properly, the previous GSX (P3D) communication in english it was perfect

The voices in GSX are exactly the same as they always were, except we know have more regional variations.

If you got a russian accent, it's because you must only have tried airports in the russian language region, and assumed GSX would be like this everywhere. I suggest trying different places, before saying the voice are "terrible" in general.

Enzo Augusto

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 06:51:44 pm »
Thanks for the clarification, about the voices I gave an example from russia because in my region it's really horrible, I'm from Brazil (PT Portuguese) and the speech has nothing to do, not only with the Portuguese of Brazil but also of Portugal, it really looks like a Russian speaking in English without any linguistic experience.
Observation 1: About me finding it horrible is my right and you have to be prepared to accept criticism, because my criticism is constructive and I ask you what is your experience here in Brazil? Observation 2: You highlighted the "horrible" but not the "congratulations", strange for a big company like Fsdreamteam, you were uncomfortable with the constructive criticism but not the praise.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 10:45:35 pm »
Observation 1: About me finding it horrible is my right and you have to be prepared to accept criticism, because my criticism is constructive and I ask you what is your experience here in Brazil?

You are NOW saying you have an issue with voices in Brazil.

In your first post, you made a blanket statement about voices being horrible and, since they obviously aren't, and there are many differences between each accent ( some of them are made with *real* native speakers of that region, others are text-to-speech ), I could only assume you only tried a very specific region and, the only one that sounds russian to me is..the russian one.

Portuguese IS one of the text-to-speech voices so yes, it's of a lower quality than the ones with real voices so, if you would like to volunteer to provide with real voice ( we would need male and female ), like other users have done, we'd be happy to replace the TTS ones.

You highlighted the "horrible" but not the "congratulations", strange for a big company like Fsdreamteam, you were uncomfortable with the constructive criticism but not the praise.

Fsdreamteam is an extremely small company, where it's possible to read a message and miss a bit.

Cmt_Mario Marques

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 10:52:13 pm »
Portuguese from Portugal is one thing. Portuguese from Brasil is another thing.
Try to listen atc in Portugal, and then listen atc in Brasil. Is completely different.
Pt/pt is one thing.
Pt/br is another thing.

What I hear in Portuguese airports from Gsx, is horrible, not the first option and also not the second option.

Please reverse it to English, is much better than the PortoBrazi, mixture.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 10:50:02 am »
Please reverse it to English, is much better than the PortoBrazi, mixture.

We are not going to reverse it to English, because getting a purely American or purely British accent in Brazil would clearly sound even more wrong that a bad/weird PT accent. We need to work with the resources we have, which in this case are AI-based Text-to-speech products, and they are in constant evolution, and we'd need 4 variations in this case, PT-BR and PT-PT, both Male and Female.

Some users proactively sent us real voices they made ( again, we'd need both Male and Female versions ), which we included in GSX to replace the Text-to-speech voices.

Sierraaero

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2022, 02:18:44 am »
Now, for the fellas who were complaining about this ridiculous sound packs coming from this update (The voice is not in english nor portuguese. You just can't understand a word the dude says, and that's why everyone is saying is HORRIBLE):

Go here: https://flightsim.to/file/38603/gsx-sound-pack-pt-br

Download the soundpack. Install it. Then, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\sounds\GSX Voice Pack by ATC Simulation\tpt-mpt\sounds\pushback\en-pt", copy all the sound files from it and paste it at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\sounds\pushback\en-pt".

I just want to add that the idea of reproducing the "accents" in the soundpacks is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in FS community in years. But, if you still wanna do it, consider listening to feedback after the release and giving at least a good workaround.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 10:08:09 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2022, 10:07:50 am »
I just want to add that the idea of reproducing the "accents" in the soundpacks is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in FS community in years. But, if you still wanna do it, consider listening to feedback after the release and giving at least a good workaround.

Your opinion is biased by the fact that the Portuguese version is not particularly good, but just because that particular version is worse than the others ( most of them are real voices ), it's not a reason to question the whole concept of regional accents, which has been universally praised in all reviews.

If, instead of shouting offensive and rude comments ( which I edited for your own good, since personal attacks are something you should be ashamed of ), you made what other users from other countries did, and contacted us to provide some help getting their own real voices into the actual product, you would have made a much better service to all users, instead of requiring an extra download.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 10:18:35 am by virtuali »