Author Topic: "You need to stop the engine to request gr..." - when no engines are started  (Read 1248 times)

mseder

Got the message
Got the message

"You need to stop the engine to request ground services"

But no engines are running.
I did load an PMDG B730-700 existing flight, standing at the gate.

It looks like GSX are looking for the wrong parameters in order to find out if the engines are running or not.

Mats

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
It looks like GSX are looking for the wrong parameters in order to find out if the engines are running or not.

GSX surely looks the correct parameters to recognize if engines are running, they are standard variables that haven't changed in years, and nobody ever reported a problem with detecting the PMDG 737 engines status.

I just made a quick check doing exactly what you reported (starting a flight on a gate with the PMDG 737-700 with the engines not running), and it doesn't show that message, the normal GSX services menu appears.

mseder

I could do it again
Log attached

My exact scenario

LIRF gate 308 ORBX scenery
Loading FLT file
Aircraft is ready for starting the engines with packs off etc
GSX panel automatically opens, looks good

I go into VR-mode trying to open the GSX panel from the tool menu, and the message appears

Mats

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Is this happening in VR only ? GSX always check the same variables for the engines, and it doesn't really know if you are in VR or not when it's checked.

martijncoenen

I had this before, but it was my own fault. My hardware (TCA in this case) has an engine start handle and it was in the on position. The PMDG also reacts on that. May be this is the case for you?

mseder

Umberto

[updated]

It's still there after leaving VR

When entering the flight the GSX panel is launched and I guess it's because it was launched last time??
However the panel shows all the options but I never tried to select any of them . I just closed the panel and then entered VR.
And inside VR I selected GSX from the tools panel an then the audio message was launched, and no panel was shown.

So one get a smell of Asobo problem, as the parameters are changed when get into VR mode?

I can make some more tests but as usual it's more valuable if someone else do that as well.

Mats

« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 06:18:16 pm by mseder »

mseder

martijncoenen

I have the thrustmaster for airbus, what do you mean by "started"
The Eng Fuel cuts are off as well as the Mode=Norm
The throttle are in Idle position

Mats
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 06:36:28 pm by mseder »

mseder

I tested the same scenario again
But now I tried to access the GSX before entering VR, and the problem is there as well.
So at least it's logical with the fact that you check the same parameter regardless of VR or not.

My feeling is this has to do with a loaded flight. I haven't had this problem so far, creating a new flight.

I've attached the FLT-file renamed as TXT

Mats

« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 06:35:31 pm by mseder »

storemaster

having same behaviour using Fenix

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
As I've said, GSX makes a standard Simconnect call to check the standard engine variables, it doesn't have any knowledge of being in VR mode or not, or the loaded flight when doing it. 

And not only that, the call is made periodically, each second, together with the check for the Parking Brakes, which means it can't be that GSX could have possibly skipped a check in these situations, because it's doing it constantly.

So, either Simconnect is really reporting the engines to be still running, or it just stopped calling GSX but, if this was the case, you should have seen an erratic behavior about the Parking brakes too, since the engine on/off status and the Parking brake are checked together in the same call. What happens if you release the brakes ? Does GSX detects that ?