Author Topic: Custom Livery for Ground Vehicles/Luggage Containers  (Read 1393 times)

samh234

Custom Livery for Ground Vehicles/Luggage Containers
« on: October 14, 2022, 08:42:04 pm »
Hi

I just wanted a clarification really; if I wanted to create the above mentioned fictional livery for use in GSX, what would be the best way to go about it? For example could I copy the file structure of an existing airline, change the logo files themselves as required and then edit the texture.cfg files in the new folders (catering, baggage handling and so on) or would there be more required to do?

Many thanks

Sam

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Custom Livery for Ground Vehicles/Luggage Containers
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 04:42:49 pm »
Check page 34 of the GSX manual.
Captain Kevin

samh234

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 01:55:45 pm »
Am I understanding correctly that this feature doesn't work for P3D v5? A previous thread I've found seems to indicate that.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 06:32:42 am »
Yes, because P3D V5 uses DX12, so the render to texture won't work there.
Captain Kevin

samh234

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 09:36:24 am »
Ok, so failing that - is there a methodology which will work? I created all the relevant files for what I needed - it was just the logo which didn't, I couldn't seem to get that to display but I'm not sure the DDS file was created in the right way. What are the specific requirements of the DDS file in order for it to show?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 01:58:14 pm »
Adding a new operator is quite complex, since you would have to create the correct file/folder structure for each and every GSX ground vehicle, and any update will remove all your changes.

But, assuming you figured it all out, the most important thing is to create some rules to assign the new operator to airports. Have a look at the rules_handling.cfg file in the Addon Manager\TEXTURE folder, the first lines are comments briefly explaining how rules work.

Since this file will also be overwritten with every update, it's best to create a custom rules_handling.cfg file, containing ONLY the rules for the new operator, to be placed in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\TEXTURE

And, after adding or changing any rule, you must clear the airport cache, by removing this folder

%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl

Since also the rules and the models are cached there, so you won't see any changes unless you both have a new rule and clear the cache.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 01:59:49 pm by virtuali »

samh234

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2022, 04:38:31 pm »
Thank so much for your help, I've managed to do it :)

Just got to remember to keep a copy of the required folders and rules in case of any updates and to delete the Coutal folder as needed!