Author Topic: Simconnect Issue  (Read 1190 times)

AirlinePilotFlyer

Simconnect Issue
« on: October 08, 2022, 05:30:43 pm »
Hi All,

To start with I wanted to explain that I have not put this under the coautl isn’t running thread because I don’t believe it’s an issue with GSX itself and more one of simconnect.

I discovered this problem however as a result of that error saying that it is not running when the program itself clearly is, from a bit of troubleshooting (including a combination of running the sim and coautl as admin) I have discovered the problem appears to be with sim connect and more specifically how many programs are using it.

I fly with FSUIPC, VPilot (for vatsim) and GSX. Interestingly I’ve found that trying to use all these 3 at once doesn’t work for me, if I for example fire up FSUIPC and VPilot, both connect fine but when I used GSX I get the error that Coautl isn’t running. If I close one of those say FSUIPC then GSX connects fine and loads in, when I then go to start FSUIPC again it says it can’t connect to the sim. The same occurs with VPilot, I can run GSX and FSUIPC fine together but VPilot can’t detect the sim, close one of those 2 programs and hey presto VPilot detects the sim and connects.

I’ve not noticed this before SU10 but I only purchased GSX after SU10 was released so can’t say if it’s a problem post update or not. Does anyone have any ideas or experienced the same issue ?

It’s almost like simconnect is reaching a limit with the programs that it can talk to, I have a very good PC with high end GPU and CPU so not a system limitation problem.

Any help would be great!

sidfadc

Re: Simconnect Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 06:00:39 pm »
Hey there

Really interesting, I've recently run into issues connecting VPilot to my sim.  I've also just recently installed FSUIPC because it's a pre requisite to run a piece of software called "Pegasus" which is a client program required when flying in a VA vRYR.  And of course, I've recently installed GSX and continually get the message "couatl isn't running".  So I have all 3 software with very similar issues to what you describe.

Thanks

« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 06:25:02 pm by sidfadc »

AirlinePilotFlyer

Re: Simconnect Issue
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 05:10:30 pm »
Don’t suppose you’ve found a fix, I’ve exhausted all of my attempts!