Author Topic: GSX Jetway Editor  (Read 1238 times)

Mar1881

GSX Jetway Editor
« on: November 24, 2022, 11:14:57 am »
I enjoy GSX for MSFS, even though the insane programming by Asobo make it very buggy.
I particularly like the glass jetways used in Europe.
Nice seeing the pax walk through it in VR (if the very short draw distance in VR shows them. haha).
I would like to use glass jetways in the United States.
I've seen official GSX videos for other flight sims where you could choose a jetway type (ex.: "GSX Level 2 Jetway Tutorial 1" on YouTube, about 3 min 20 secs in).
I was disappointed to find out this is not an option for GSX MSFS.
I'm guessing the reason for this not being an option in MSFS is, as usual, developer unfriendly base algorithms of the sim.
But I'm still curious if there is a chance that this option will be integrated in the future.
Best regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Jetway Editor
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 02:24:48 pm »
It's not possible to edit jetways that way in GSX for MSFS, because jetway replacement here is made in a completely different way than in FSX or P3D.

- In FSX/P3D, GSX used SODE, which has its own jetway animation system that is completely separated from the simulator so, once the existing jetways were excluded, we could do everything we wanted with Jetways, without having to deal with any of the default jetway system, so jetways were created dynamically, so they were easily editable. This required SODE, of course, and it was only possible with the GSX Level 2 Expansion.

- In MSFS, we use the default Jetway system, so the replacement is achieved through a set of jetway replacement .BGLs files, which are designed to replace all jetways at DEFAULT airports that originally have jetways, so it's something static that can't be edited by users.

Mar1881

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 12:10:03 pm »
Thank you for the swift reply.

I realize that this doesn't work in the MSFS version right now due to limitations.

My question was only whether you are hopeful that you can implement the option in the future, seeing that MSFS has tried to make things better for developers in SU10 and SU11, and has some more improvements planned. That's all.🙂

Best regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 03:25:52 pm »
My question was only whether you are hopeful that you can implement the option in the future, seeing that MSFS has tried to make things better for developers in SU10 and SU11, and has some more improvements planned. That's all.

We won't ever be able to do anything like that, as long we'll use the default Jetway animation system. Which is the only thing we can use now, because there's no SODE for MSFS. Of course, if one day it will ever arrive, we'll obviously be the first to use it.