Author Topic: Option to hide pushback truck based of aircraft / GA issues  (Read 870 times)

MatzeH84

Option to hide pushback truck based of aircraft / GA issues
« on: September 29, 2022, 11:06:38 pm »
When flying GA, I often use the follow me and marshaller. However, parking is usually a 'drive thru' stand or a taxi-out position. Plus, nobody will push a small MEP/SEP except for hangar maneuvering. Currently the truck is always in the way so I have to taxi through it (or restart Couatl).
Could the tug be deactivated as an aircraft option?

Second, refueling.. I set the minimum time to 120s, yet the refueling only takes a few seconds and the truck is departing again (usually through the aircraft..). Why is the minimum time setting not observed?

As there already have been several questions on this, I won't ask, but I would fully appreciate a  GA expansion of GSX.

All the best
Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Option to hide pushback truck based of aircraft / GA issues
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 11:57:07 am »
Currently the truck is always in the way so I have to taxi through it (or restart Couatl). Could the tug be deactivated as an aircraft option?

Since what you are describing is a property of the parking itself, instead of configuring all airplanes to exclude the tow truck, if the issue is the truck is always in the way, the proper solution is to configure the parking instead, to move the truck starting position out of the way, perhaps in a nearby staging area.

Second, refueling.. I set the minimum time to 120s, yet the refueling only takes a few seconds and the truck is departing again (usually through the aircraft..). Why is the minimum time setting not observed?

Please clarify if your airplane is configured to be refueled by GSX or not.

MatzeH84

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 01:05:40 am »
1. The issue is that small GA planes never use a tug. So it would be more realistic if you could opt not to display the to truck . To edit every GA parking on every airport I might fly in is nothing I really want to do. I am currently flying the C414 through the USA (after flying over from europe), visiting airports I will not visit a second time, and always have the tug blocking the taxi-out.

2. Specifically I use the Flysimware C414 in this case, which features a custom fuel system, which is also checked in the aircraft settings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 11:49:24 am »
Specifically I use the Flysimware C414 in this case, which features a custom fuel system, which is also checked in the aircraft settings.

You mean "Unchecked" in the aircraft settings ? When the "show fuel/cargo dialog" option is Checked, it means telling GSX the airplane has a default fuel system.

MatzeH84

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 11:40:36 am »
I meant marked as custom fuel system. So do not show standard fuel/load dialogue. The voice is telling me to use the aircraft's own fuel system, which consists of sliders to adjust the amount. Fueling however takes only 5 seconds, even though a min duration of 120secs is defined.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 01:18:53 pm »
Fueling however takes only 5 seconds, even though a min duration of 120secs is defined.

The duration is not used when the airplane is flagged as having a custom fuel system. If the fueling takes only 5 seconds, it's because you have the "Always refuel progressively" option disabled.