Author Topic: The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Script....  (Read 668 times)

Blackbox

The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Script....
« on: July 05, 2023, 10:21:00 pm »
Hi,

when I start the Couatl Script, regatless when at the Welcome Screen within the Sim or at a standard szenerie airport, I receive the message
"The addon <unknown> is causing the Cuatl Script Engine to restart. Please run Live Update."
The log showns the following:
Running in mode: Microsoft Flight Simulator
Python 2.7.16 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, Mar  9 2019, 21:32:11) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v4.8 (build 5140)
log started on Wed Jul  5 22:09:44 2023

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
connected to bglmanx
Simulator version: 11 0 282174 999
RunningMode::pathToInstalledPackages D:\MSFS2020
Loading addons
Loading addon common
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 60, in loadAddons
  File "<string>", line 49, in importAndCreateInstance
ImportError: No module named common
{}

Yes, Live Update was done several times, no change, still the error.
GSX was deactivated and activated, no change.

The flighsimulator is running with no extra addons, I deactivated them for the search of the error.
All reuqired Updates are installed.

What do I have to do to get GSX working again?

Thanks and best regards

BlackBox

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Script....
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 01:15:52 pm »
couatl v4.8 (build 5140)

This clearly shows the problem: you are running an outdated version, and subsequent error lines in the log shows what can only be assumed to be an incomplete installation.

Normally, it's not possible to get an outdated or incompleted version when running the FSDT Update, but it's possible the antivirus is causing that.

- Disable any firewall

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

- If that doesn't work, download and install the OFFLINE INSTALLER, from the Sticky thread in this forum

- If that doesn't work, download and install the FSDT Universal Installer again, and RESTART Windows after installing it.

- If that doesn't work, be sure your Windows is fully updated with no updates pending.

Blackbox

Re: The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Script....
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2023, 05:43:59 am »
Hi Umberto,

that was a long way to fix my problem.

Firewalls and antivirus had been disabled, no sucess with Live Update. Offline Installer didn't work. Windows was actual. Everytime Live Update said Version 2.63 but the couatl was sitll v4.8 with in the error log
I don't know why, but after I deinstalled GSX after installation via the offline installer there had been still files and datats within the installed file on the hdd. After deleting them manual the offline installer was done. Thereafter I had a Couatl running but no icon inthe sim. Wehn I run Live Updater GSX was not actovated and installed. So I did a installation an ctivation. Since than GSX is working.

Thanks for the help,

Blackbox