Author Topic: Main window infinite "loading"  (Read 871 times)

disco79stu

Main window infinite "loading"
« on: September 22, 2022, 10:07:37 pm »
This was reported before, but after yesterday's update I have this every time I use GSX now.
The gsx main menu opens but it's only showing the loading animation and it never stops "loading gsx menu, please wait...".

Only way to fix it is to restart couatl from the task bar.

Is there a common fix for this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Main window infinite "loading"
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 10:43:25 am »
The most common cause for this, is that in that session, GSX had to recreate the airport cache, most likely because you used something like Addon Linker to change the active/inactive configuration of scenery areas, and when the cache is being regenerated, you can't use GSX.

disco79stu

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 10:19:15 pm »
I don't use addon linker and I don't change anything during flight.
The main menu not opening now happens on every flight. Every time.
Not sure what to do...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 10:30:22 pm »
The main menu not opening now happens on every flight. Every time. Not sure what to do...

Do you mean even when starting a flight, the menu doesn't open regardless of the airport or the airplane ? I'm trying it right now, and it works perfectly fine so, as usual, follow the instructions here to provide with a diagnostic log:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

disco79stu

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 10:54:01 pm »
Ok, before I proceed, one question:
Is the main window suppose to show during flight (in cruise)?
Because I noticed when I try to open it (and get the infinite "loading" animation), there's a message briefly showing for a fraction of a second. I think it says something about GSX not working while in cruise? So is the infinite loadings screen a result of that?

(only reason I wanted to open it is because I wanted to check some settings)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2022, 11:04:16 pm »
Because I noticed when I try to open it (and get the infinite "loading" animation), there's a message briefly showing for a fraction of a second. I think it says something about GSX not working while in cruise? So is the infinite loadings screen a result of that?

Yes, that's normal, you are not supposed to use GSX while in flight, unless you are lower than 10k feet and slower than 250 kts, so you can use the menu to select a gate before landing.

disco79stu

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2022, 11:44:11 pm »
Oh man!  ::)
Sorry for not getting this. The little pop up never showed long enough for me to figure this out sooner (I now know it does show fine in external view though).
I all fairness, it's a bit strange when it shows "loading, please wait" with some animation like it's doing something while it in fact isn't even suppose to show anything at cruising altitude. this apparently mislead my brain into believing something is wrong.

All good, works as suppose to. Check!

Thanks!