Author Topic: Follow me car comes too close  (Read 855 times)

Leopardo Di Cardio

Follow me car comes too close
« on: September 23, 2022, 03:17:50 pm »
I don't like to introduce new threads, so I apologize in advance, but regarding Follow me car, I have only seen solutions to problems where the car leaves. But I have a different problem. If Follow me car is called and it arrives within a few seconds from some direction and I drive at about 15  -25 kts, the car comes so close that I almost have to stop. Is there any way to treat it so that it stops relatively far from the plane?  I don't mean the distance when driving when it's already underway, it can be set in GSX Settings, just like the Follow me car speed.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 03:20:26 pm by syphax »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Follow me car comes too close
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 03:18:42 pm »
Are you moving forward to meet the Follow Me car ? It's best not doing it, and stay stationary until it arrives.

Leopardo Di Cardio

Re: Follow me car comes too close
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 03:27:02 pm »
Are you moving forward to meet the Follow Me car ? It's best not doing it, and stay stationary until it arrives.

Example: I land at Gatwick or in Dublin, I leave the runway and drive a long way by speed about 15-20kts, I know the gate from ATC and the same selection from the GSX menu, then I call Follow me...when plane is moving by speed 15-20kts ,/mostly in reality it is after leaving  RWY/ so Follow me car, when I brake lightly, it still comes almost to the landing gear and thus does not continue any further and is out of range, it previously left, today it remains in place... it would be nice if it started at least at the distance that is already given  during the ride-along service set in GSX Settings.

What distance from the plane is given for Follow me approaching the plane to turn around in front of it and continue parallel? In reality, it will certainly not arrive right in front of him, but at a sufficient distance at a given speed of the aircraft, of course.

Currently, if the Follow me car comes close to the plane, I brake so significantly, I almost even stop it so that it does not drive under my field of view of the landing gear, then it is already stopped /previously ran away/.

Translator translates the sentences incorrectly, so they correct it retrospectively to make sense of what it is about, I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 03:49:07 pm by syphax »