Author Topic: Operate Stairs option does not work when using a profile  (Read 1454 times)

TicTockRock

Operate Stairs option does not work when using a profile
« on: April 01, 2023, 08:15:32 pm »
Hi

I have very recently run in to an issue when selecting "Operate stairs" once loaded in to the airport. This is only happening when using a Profile.

The Stairs deploy visually, but they then just stay in the position they spawn in. On trying to reopen the GSX menu it is then stuck on loading and I have to restart Couatl via the windows task bar. Rinse and repeat the same thing happens again and again.

There is nothing of note in the log file and there is no error appended in the .err file when this happens.

If you restart Couatl and select "Request Boarding" or select " Request Boarding" without first selecting "Operate Stairs" the stairs operate as expected and boarding continues as usual.

As mentioned above this only seems to happen when using a Profile. If you just use the GSX Default selecting the option "Operate Stairs" works fine.

The workaround to use "Request Boarding" is absolutely fine, but thought I would post here in case anyone experiences this issue.

Regards,

Andy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Operate Stairs option does not work when using a profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 12:34:54 pm »
I cannot reproduce the problem, with a profile so, it's surely not the very existence of a profile that can possibly cause this. So it would be best if you made a proper report, clearly indicating:

- the airplane used

- the scenery used, if it's not default, clearly identify the scenery.

- the profile used.

- the gate used.

TicTockRock

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 02:53:10 pm »
Hi

I first noticed this using a profile down-loaded from Flightsim.to for MKStudios EIDW V2 and I was using the PMDG 737-700 at gate 127.

I thought it was a profile issue as without a profile the option to "Operate stairs" was working. So I raised the issue on their discord. Simon who was the creator of the profile was able to replicate the problem on his system and suggested I raise the issue on the FSDT forum as well.

I then tried to create my own profile editing gate 127 and everything seemed to be fine until I added a walking route for the passengers, after adding the walking route for the passengers the option to "Operate Stairs" would no longer work. But the option to use "Request Boarding" did work.

I then tried other airports ECHK and EGGD that I knew had walking routes for passengers and found the same issue there.

Like I say it's not a big deal as "Request Boarding works". I raised it on here just to make others aware should they run in to this.

airbadger

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 02:59:18 pm »
Sounds like the same issue I reported here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29648.0.html

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 03:11:43 pm »
Sounds like the same issue I reported here

Which I already tried and confirmed it works so, why you don't try to give the extra details I asked, like for example the exact sequence of operations you are doing or, perhaps, if it happens only after landing ?

Because, as I've said already, you just said "operate stairs" doesn't work so, lacking any better detail, I just went at the same airport, using the same airplane, and the same profile you posted, at the exact same gate and just did that: "operate stairs", and it worked at the first try, both stairs moved to the airplane and stayed there, as expected.