Author Topic: updating gsx not working  (Read 963 times)

torskenn

updating gsx not working
« on: September 07, 2022, 05:48:54 pm »
here we go again. so i bought gsx at launch. uninstalled it after realizing the godawful mess it was. thought i'd give it a while. i recently reinstalled it, but my installer would not update to the latest version. gave the offline installer a go, but by the looks of it, it did not update nor affect my current gsx version. now i cannot even open the fsdt installer, as a result of the offline installer. i keep getting "parameter is invalid" error, and it's just stuck at 0%. any help?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: updating gsx not working
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 05:50:59 pm »
Try running the FSDT Live Update again now.

torskenn

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 06:02:45 pm »
still, same version after running the installer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 06:15:39 pm »
Nowhere I said the version would have changed, but of course you haven't said which version you had before, so I can't say. Are you still getting the error on start ?

torskenn

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 06:48:59 pm »
no, i do not get the same error. i do not know exactly which version i am, i determine whether it's updated yet or not by looking at the "airplanes" folder as there should be some premade custom profiles in there according to the changelogs. how would i proceed?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 07:11:46 pm »
If the updater is not downloading anything new, you have the latest version.

There are no premade profiles, the problem with missing parking in the readme was it required an empty folder to be present, that folder will contain custom profiles, once you start adding them, but it's normally empty on a clean install.