Author Topic: Panel power!  (Read 3563 times)

tors

Panel power!
« on: February 07, 2010, 04:53:35 pm »
Dear readers!

Can someone give me a tip about make the panel power last for a long time (when engine is not turn on). In some of my panels I loose my power very fast, everything turns off (panel lights (navigation, strobe, beacon ....). Is something in panel.cfg or aircraft.cfg that can fix this problem?

Best regards,
Þórður Þór Sigurjónsson

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Panel power!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 05:25:25 pm »
Start the APU, if your plane has one.  Otherwise, keep the engines running.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 06:04:54 pm »
...Can someone give me a tip about make the panel power last for a long time (when engine is not turn on). In some of my panels I loose my power very fast, everything turns off (panel lights (navigation, strobe, beacon ....). Is something in panel.cfg or aircraft.cfg that can fix this problem?
Mr. Þórður Þór Sigurjónsson,
This is a known issue with all versions of FS going back to FS2000.  So, Mr. Pete Dowson added a feature to extend the battery life of the aircraft in use by clicking a check box on both the FREEWARE/PAYWARE versions of the FSUIPC tool; found HERE -> It works for both versions of FS and with every aircraft regardless if your aircraft is equiped with an APU or external power unit.  This means that you'll be able to follow the checklist while the lights are still "ON" to do it, which is always a good thing. :D  

Just download/install the version for your sim and open FSUIPC from the ADDON Menu in FS and check the "Extend Battery Life" checkbox.  And, your problem is resolved.  Good Luck! ;)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 06:08:08 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

tors

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 09:03:28 pm »
James F. Chams!

Thank you very much for your help. :)

Best regards,
Þórður Þ. Sigurjónsson