Author Topic: How to sync Front and Aft staircase model.  (Read 1155 times)

jahurz

How to sync Front and Aft staircase model.
« on: September 07, 2022, 06:19:40 am »
I apologize if this has been discussed before but I have some issues regarding the PMDG 737-800 in regards with the stairs model being used for passenger boarding. Any idea how to sync the Front Left and Aft Left door stairs? Cause each time i call out two very different stair models would pop out. Adjusting the aircrafts door height makes no difference. Most airports ground handler would use the same stairs model for Front and Aft.

Regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to sync Front and Aft staircase model.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 08:56:29 am »
Front and aft stairs are not synched, because they are chosen depending on the door's height, which is not the same so, if we tried to "sync" them, we'll might end up in situations where if we locked the choice from the lower exit, the same stair might not reach the aft door, or vice-versa, if we locked the choice on the higher exit, the front exit might be lower than the higher stair minimum height so, every door choose its stair independently.

olliejstacey

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 11:00:58 am »
Could this be added as an option in the aircraft config? To say which stairs to use with it? The same for pushback tug.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 11:25:04 am »
Could this be added as an option in the aircraft config? To say which stairs to use with it? The same for pushback tug.

It wouldn't very realistic to have a plane specifying his own preferred vehicles, when in real world you get what you get on that airport. All vehicles chosen are always appropriate for an airplane, if you think you found a vehicle that shouldn't be used on a particular airplane, make an example and we'll check it.

jahurz

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 03:05:47 pm »
Was hoping on this as well. If any i hope FSDT might consider implementing this as something optional. Nothing to be urgently hesitantly planned though in my opinion.

olliejstacey

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 04:23:23 pm »
Hi umberto, I agree it may remove some realism. But equally it can be impossible to fit some stair or tug types in the gate space. So having the option by stand and/or aircraft gives users the ability to maintain realism by avoiding having things drive through buildings, etc.