Author Topic: Install went wrong  (Read 2741 times)

Sunnydaze

Install went wrong
« on: February 05, 2010, 01:14:06 am »
Hi.
   I just reinstalled FSDT KJFK  and things went bad.
  The first thing I noticed was I could not get the FSX menu bar to appear,this is the same thing that happened after I uninstalled KLAS.last weekend. Next, when I start a program like FDC Live cockpit,it starts different.The icon in the task bar looks different,it is a solid blue and it flashes.When I start FSX it starts silent without the music. Even the regular program icons on the desktop react differently when I click on them.When I loaded a flight the program AES would not do anything.This is what happened last weekend and led up to a complete reinstall of FSX because it would not run properly.I uninstalled KJFK, and said YES to the messages about uninstalling the add on manager and the coulti engine,and then I restored my system to the restore point before I installed KJFK,but it is still not working right,FSX still starts silent,and my other airports will not load all the way,no jetways for one,and overall I wish I had not tried to install your airport! Now I can't load any of my add on airplanes.
   It took me so long to get FSX up and running this week and I dread going through this again. Please HELP!
    Dennis

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 01:36:23 am by Sunnydaze »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Install went wrong
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 09:46:00 am »
  I just reinstalled FSDT KJFK  and things went bad.

Have you used the current installer that is online now, or an older installer you might have ?

The first thing I noticed was I could not get the FSX menu bar to appear,this is the same thing that happened after I uninstalled KLAS

Please, clarify if with "FSX menu bar" you mean the *whole* menu bar, or just the Addon Manager entry

Next, when I start a program like FDC Live cockpit,it starts different.The icon in the task bar looks different,it is a solid blue and it flashes.When I start FSX it starts silent without the music. Even the regular program icons on the desktop react differently when I click on them.When I loaded a flight the program AES would not do anything.

Sorry, but this is just plain impossible to have happened due to the KJFK installation. The issues to the icons seems related to a change in the general video setting, which can't be related to KJFK in any way, since we don't install anything that might remotely impact video settings, in any way.

I'm sorry, but something else must have happened, and since it happened at the same time of the KJFK install, you have associated to it, but they don't have anything to do.

I uninstalled KJFK, and said YES to the messages about uninstalling the add on manager and the coulti engine,and then I restored my system to the restore point before I installed KJFK,but it is still not working right,FSX still starts silent,and my other airports will not load all the way,no jetways for one,and overall I wish I had not tried to install your airport! Now I can't load any of my add on airplanes.

Same as above: it's plain impossible that something like this has happened with KJFK installation or uninstallation. When you uninstall it, and reply YES to the questions about removing the Addon Manager and Couatl engine, your FSX will be exactly in the SAME state as if there was no KJFK installed in the first place.

What might have created a problem like, is more likely the system restore, because it depends to which state your system was restored to, perhaps you are back to a state before changing/updating video or audio drivers, which is the default behaviour of the system restore feature: if you don't manually create one before doing something, it will go back to before the last time you installed new video/audio drivers.