Author Topic: Small Suggestion For Help  (Read 1032 times)

whyamidoingthis

Small Suggestion For Help
« on: August 30, 2022, 09:43:40 pm »
I have one main suggestion, that I think would help alleviate the amount of people who have to come to the forums here searching/asking/re-asking questions and trying to follow somewhat complex steps that quite frankly are quite hard to follow if you aren't experienced in diagnosing and troubleshooting these types of problems.

I think if it is in anyway possible FSDT, or someone you could pay to do it, should try to put together a YouTube video - or videos - going into more detail about GSX and how it works.
I think three main categories being addressed would greatly reduce concerns and the confusion seen on other support topics here.

Those being:

1. How to Download and Install
2. Common fixes for problems, and how to submit a support ticket on these forums (including how to show your changelog and the necessary items required by the admin to see what's going on)
3. Basic tutorial for airport / parking editor and demonstrations of features and maybe extra tips, you as the developer, would have that might not be so apparent to a first time user.

I myself am a newer PC gamer (only in the last 1.5 years I started playing MSFS and got a PC just for it) I have a few friends and countless YouTube videos that have helped me get my head wrapped around how third party mods/addons work. I'm decently technologically competent but I find it incredibly confusing on instructions for other support tickets I've read. I've been able to see what seemed to work for others on a few things but I still feel like I'm missing out on the whole experience GSX has to offer because of the immense complexity and customizability there is. I know there is a full manual for the application but I, and I think many others learn much better by seeing it done and explained vs. reading it.

Anyways, I hope the right person sees this because I absolutely love when GSX is working fine but there are many many things I feel like I don't have set up right for many airports and think a lot of other users would also greatly benefit from something like this.

seckar

Re: Small Suggestion For Help
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 02:10:40 am »
Thanks for suggestion

Another suggestion for next update
Add the progressive taxi option when selecting a gate or parking to the follow me car
the follow me car is often  behind the plane od difficult to follow in complex airports
best