Author Topic: Is it safe to come out of the woods yet.  (Read 1101 times)

benbo

Is it safe to come out of the woods yet.
« on: August 31, 2022, 09:33:59 am »
Hi Guys,

As the title says is it safe to come out of the woods yet and reninstall GSX and Level 2,its nearly been 2 weeks now is the app fixed.

Gary Jones

airbadger

Re: Is it safe to come out of the woods yet.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 01:51:22 pm »
Not really. GSX Pro made the P3D version of GSX worse, so there's no reason to update.

benbo

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 02:07:15 pm »
Thanks for that ill hang fire on the reinstall,i had to uninstall both GSX and Level 2 due to CTDs on every flight after the update now i removed GSX no more CTD,dont want to risk them returning if GSX is still not stable.thanks again for the advice.

Gary
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 02:08:54 pm by benbo »

airbadger

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 02:53:39 pm »
Thanks for that ill hang fire on the reinstall,i had to uninstall both GSX and Level 2 due to CTDs on every flight after the update now i removed GSX no more CTD,dont want to risk them returning if GSX is still not stable.thanks again for the advice.

Gary

Ah, that sucks. Well, you can reinstall and be reasonably assured that there isn't anything game-killing like CTDs or disappearing SODE jetways like a week ago, it's just that it does some things, like pushback, worse than previous versions.

liamr685

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 02:56:58 pm »
Nope.

Still borked.

I guess this is what happens when you try to get 3 versions of the same product to run on two sims with different engines, all using common files.

Wild idea, maybe standalone products/installers for each sim…
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 03:37:48 pm by liamr685 »

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2022, 05:49:54 pm »
OK, I made the statement:

"Everyone should stop using GSX temporarily until further notice or until further updates come out for FSX/P3D. Please use FS2Crew's UGCX for Pushback and manage fuel & payload manually without using GSX when flying. Also use PMDG's Ground Services, (if possible, use PMDG's Pushback system or the Self-Drive Pushback truck or UGCX for Pushback) if flying PMDG Aircraft, instead of GSX. (NGXu, QOTSII & 777X only)"

We must wait until GSX for FSX/P3D is updated.
TheCaptain3618

vacotton

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2022, 01:47:32 am »
Zippity Do Dah, Zippity Aye! ::)