Author Topic: Cargo Aircraft Stairs Not Working Properly  (Read 1416 times)

lllPulse

Cargo Aircraft Stairs Not Working Properly
« on: August 26, 2022, 01:44:10 am »
I've recently tried to use the stairs that appear when the cargo aircraft box is checked in the aircraft editor. The cargo stairs roll up to the aircraft but the main box that touches the aircraft seems to be at a weird and glitched angle...

lllPulse

Re: Cargo Aircraft Stairs Not Working Properly
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 03:24:51 am »
The cargo stairs do not seem to work across all aircraft for me as well. Here is another angle of the bug while using the cs777

Turok144

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 05:15:04 am »
I used the PMDG 737-800 cargo plane and those stairs were set up in the tail section. :(  I don't think they are the right type.  A palate loader is what's needed for cargo, not stairs.  I tried to set up the GSX version of the loader by customizing my plane to "cargo" without results.

lllPulse

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 05:41:37 am »
I used the PMDG 737-800 cargo plane and those stairs were set up in the tail section. :(  I don't think they are the right type.  A palate loader is what's needed for cargo, not stairs.  I tried to set up the GSX version of the loader by customizing my plane to "cargo" without results.

I think you just need to remove a door to make sure those stairs don't go somewhere where there isn't a door. Then adjust the main cargo door position so you get the proper palate loader.

n!ke^

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 05:54:48 am »
Same for me... After editing the position, which weirdly is only temporary (why?) and after a reset or restart, the stairs trying to reach for the stars...

Turok144

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 06:58:28 am »
Hey guys, I just arrived at the FSDT Zurich airport on the stock MSFS 2020, 787 Dreamliner (first time I've piloted it) and the correct palate loaders were present.  The entire animation was stellar!  First time I've seen the loaders in action retrieving cargo.

The way they activated was when I selected the deboarding of passengers.  Instead of suitcases and bags being removed by belt conveyors, cargo was retrieved by the loaders.

Aww man, and the fueling! OMG! 😮  Since the Dreamliner's wings are super tall, I witnessed the full length of the fuel truck scissors lift.  The whole thing was spot on! The glass jetways with the passengers walking inside correctly always works at this airport and the jetways are lit inside at night.  It's a visual treat every time.

So yeah, buy FSDT Zurich if you don't own it yet, it's a beautiful airport and very well modeled.  Now having said that, if there's a way to get this animation for the PMDG cargo plane, I'll be dancing on the rooftop!