Author Topic: Pushback Problem  (Read 1126 times)

miata54

Pushback Problem
« on: August 24, 2022, 03:48:22 pm »
FSX GSXL2.

I ran the new FSDT Universal Live Update after being prompted by a GSX pop up window. Prior to doing this, GSXL2 was running just fine. After the update, I loaded my aircraft at my default airport and proceeded to run GSXL2 starting with the Pushback selection #5. At this point, all OK. Pushback completed and parking brakes set. Next command was "Confirm Good Engine Start". When I hit keyboard key #1, the aircraft violently pitched upwards, completely left the tarmac and then crashed back down to the tarmac. At this point the, tug and ground crew member completely disappeared. Parking brakes were still set.

I uninstalled GSX and reinstalled from the backup that GSX provides. I did not uninstall the Addon Manager. Ran the FSDT Live Updater again, and went back to my default airport with the same aircraft and the same thing happened all over again. Aircraft violently pitches upward after "Confirm Good Engine Start- Disconnecting". Please advise.

UPDATE:

As suggested by Umberto to a user in a previous post, I uninstalled GSXL2 and also uninstalled the Addon Manager and deleted the folder from my C drive. I then disconnected my PC from the Internet, and reinstalled GSX from the saved version of GSX found in my Documents folder. The date on that version was 8-21-2022. I got a message saying that I was disconnected from the Internet and to  re-connect to update the files. I DID NOT reconnect. I executed FSX and GSX was loaded into FSX. I went back to my default airport with the same aircraft as before, ran the Pushback option and this time, all ran smoothly. No violent pitching of the aircraft as described above. I can only conclude there are files in the the latest update that are causing the various problems listed by users, including mine. So I am back to an operable GFSXL2 with my FSX.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 06:52:57 pm by miata54 »

Chok

Re: Pushback Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 07:31:11 pm »
Can confirm this.

Consistent "jump" in the VC every time GSX disconnects the TUG after a completed pushback. The jump is so significant that it triggers the "hard landing" sound file.

P3D V4.5 - PMDG NGX orignal.

It started happening after the update that caused the disappearing jetway issue about a week ago.

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 11:40:18 pm »
I'm using GSX P3D for the first time since the MSFS version was released and it's very frustrating to see P3D's pushback "nerfed" because of accommodations for MSFS. Why did the P3D version have to change?

doksas

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 03:59:09 am »
Can confirm this.

Consistent "jump" in the VC every time GSX disconnects the TUG after a completed pushback.

+1  P3Dv5.3 hf2

miata54

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 04:22:45 am »
That "jump" is because the brakes are applied. Just prior to the command "Confirm Good Engine Start" I released the brakes (Control/period) and instead of the aircraft jumping, it lurches forward running over the tug and crew member until brakes are  applied, but by this time, the tug needs a tow truck and the crew member an ambulance.

It is really unfortunate that FSDT did not take the time to adequately test this new Update before releasing to the community. We had a great operating GSXL2 for FSX and P3D. Not now.