Author Topic: Does not save - no I do not have ProSim  (Read 626 times)

teisco

Does not save - no I do not have ProSim
« on: August 28, 2022, 05:15:40 am »
Setup so all works and quite sim,,later go back to sim and choose boarding but a couple things go back to before I edited them.

Is there a file somewhere that holds info on a certain aircraft so that I can save that file since GSX will not save ?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 07:20:03 pm by teisco »

fcmusician

Re: Does not save
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 06:15:01 am »
Setup so all works and quite sim,,later go back to sim and choose boarding but a couple things go back to before I edited them.

Is there a file somewhere that holds info on a certain aircraft so that I can save that file since GSX will not save ?

Just hope they come up with an update on how the edits get saved and recalled.
Frank B^)

DrFronkensteen

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 02:11:30 pm »
So I just joined the forums specifically for the same reason. I will jump in on your post with some more info, hoping it will help anyone else who has this issue. I have used GSX on P3D for a few years with no issue and have since moved to MSFS and using Prosim B738 flight Model. I can say that GSX works OK except same as you it will not save any changes I make, so my pax climb into the plane via the cockpit and bags go into Engine 2!

i.e. I can configure all of the doors however GSX won't keep my settings.
I deleted the airplane virtuali/airplane folder and ensured GSX creates a new airplane folder and the gsx.cfg file which it did with default values. C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\Airplanes\prosim_b738 - I have full read/write permissions to this folder.

I have tried a number of ways to set the doors, namely PAX1&4, Cargo1&2, Service 1&2.
1 - Initially using the 3D config gui.
2 - using the airplane config screen to get the 4 position values for each door. I then made a copy of gsx.cfg and then manually entered these in the gsx.cfg file using notepad.
3 - using the airplane config and clicking on each door, I typed these into the field boxes.
4 - someone somewhere suggested putting a copy of the gsx,cfg file in the Community/airplanes folder. No good either.
I restarted coutal service every time, and in some cases restarted prosim and msfs, all to no avail.

I must be missing something.

Here's hoping.

DrF

Brisi

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 02:57:03 pm »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 03:01:53 pm »
You are all using ProSim and, as I've said in other threads, this product likely has a custom flight model, and it's possible that some variables GSX expects to be filled are just not there, because the plane doesn't need them.

As I've said already, I'll contact ProSim if they would be willing to send me a least a Trial key, in order to understand the issue.

teisco

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 06:53:44 pm »
I am not using  Pro Sim and dont even know what it is _ please tell me the file name or config of the aircraft that are edited so I can save them. GSX will not save most of my settings and I want to  save the actual file.

DrFronkensteen

Re: Does not save - no I do not have ProSim
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 02:03:30 am »
Thanks Umberto, I am using Prosim and yes they do have their own flight model, the B738.
I will await for a hopeful outcome between yourselves and Prosim.

Cheers
DrF