Author Topic: Defining ground handling company  (Read 907 times)

Nasder

Defining ground handling company
« on: August 28, 2022, 04:38:20 pm »
The current airport that I'm editing doesn't have the airlines set up properly for the gates. So I only get Swedavia groundhandling.

I've been able to add companies by overriding the gate airlines, now I can pick from the ones I've added using 3 letter codes. However, now I don't get Swedavia as an option. I can pick Swedavia from the custom texture dropdown, but then I don't a choice it just spawns  Swedavia.

Since Swedavia is not an airline, it doesn't have a 3 letter code that I know of. Is there a way for me to add Swedavia using some custom 3 letter code that GSX uses?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Defining ground handling company
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 05:12:49 pm »
I suggest reading Page 33 of the Manual, which explains how the airline codes are used for. They enter into play only as "tie-breakers" when there are multiple operators allowed on the airport at the same score, according to the the internal scoring rules.

So, for example, if one airport you have, let's say, American Airlines and United as possible candidates at the same scoring, normally any gate would give you a choice between those two.  But if there are some gate with the AA or AAL codes, American will get a scoring boost, and will "beat" United at that gate. In this case, American being the only one left, will be selected even without a menu, since it was the only possible choice.

Swedavia code is just...Swedavia, the 3 letter code limitation is only when those codes are read from the airport, but when you write them yourself, they can be anything. You can find the codes in the \Addon Manager\texture\rules_handing.cfg file.

Nasder

Re: Defining ground handling company
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 05:26:08 pm »
Yeah, I know boosting of scores, which is why Swedavia was the only option it seems. Since everything was scored 0 but Swedavia having some kind of bonus for being in Sweden. Boosting SAS made it overcome that advantage so it would only pick SAS.

Now that I boosted Swedavia and the few airlines I know land at this small airport, I get the options I desire.

That list of codes were exactly what I was after!