Author Topic: GSX freezing/missing options after latest update  (Read 1050 times)

ocndvr80

GSX freezing/missing options after latest update
« on: August 30, 2022, 09:23:12 pm »
Hi,

Sorry to have to add to the lengthy list of current issues with GSX, but I don't believe this one has been mentioned yet. At least, I haven't seen it.

Upon running the Live Update (today, Aug 30, at 1900Z), GSX ceased functioning for me. That is, when the GSX menu option was selected, only the "disable" option was present. There were no other options present such as "customize airport position". Choosing the "disable" option also did nothing.

I repeated my steps at two different airports just to be sure, and I also rebooted my machine. Same result - could not get GSX to function.

I've included the log contents below. I'm running GSX in Prepar3D v4.5, Windows 11 Home.

Umberto, could this simply be a timing issue related to the update? That is, could it be that all the cloud servers are not yet fully refreshed and I am therefore only obtaining a partial update? I know this was mentioned in the past as a possibility when discussing other issues.

Log file contents below. Thanks for any advice.

- Bob

couatl v3.2 (build 4792)
panic log started on Tue Aug 30 15:05:52 2022

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 949, in setJetwayAirlineCode
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 993, in getModelForCouatlType
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 962, in getModelsForCouatlType
  File ".\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 763, in _cache
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 832, in _loadCacheFromPath
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 927, in _loadLiveriesForModel
RuntimeError: this tasklet is taking too much time to execute
{'Airport': 'KLGA', 'User Pos': (40.774088888921355, -73.87045833333286, 2.62128 m, 2.62128 m, 109.88764890524362, 0.014578079804778099, -0.001745329238474369, 0.0001830840067045646, 2.621280116271973, 1.0)}
View changed to Spot
View changed to Locked Spot
Connection with Prepar3D v4 lost (has it crashed?)
disconnected from SimConnect.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX freezing/missing options after latest update
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 10:55:32 pm »
couatl v3.2 (build 4792)

Your version is old, the current version of the program which is both online in the Live Update and the Offline installer, for P3D, is 4817.

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

- If that doesn't work, try the Offline installer posted in the MSFS section, it's valid for P3D as well.

CraigyW

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 05:05:45 am »
I followed your advice and to no avail. I also uninstalled and re-installed, GSX is still not working.

ocndvr80

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 03:49:57 pm »
Unfortunately, I also followed the steps indicated with no change.

Since I also have MSFS installed on my desktop (which I do not yet use) in addition to Prepar3D, the offline installer installed one heck of a lot of MSFS files (it actually ran overnight). Is there any way to make it configure Prepar3D only? Probably doesn't matter. In any case, after running the offline installer and the live update, in that order, GSX in Prepar3D V4.5 is still unresponsive for me and producing exactly the same log file output. Same couatl version too - 4792.

Umberto, can you suggest anything else to try? Thanks for help.

- Bob

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 04:10:20 pm »
Hi there,

I want to confirm the guess that the there might be something wrong with the installer and the Live Updater. To me it looks like the Live Updater just interrupts the process. There is not an end or a confirmation of the Update like it did before. It just disappears from the desktop. It feels like a crash.
I am running FSX Gold and deactivated anitvirus completly in Windows 10 (also fully updated system)

Peter

ocndvr80

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2022, 04:31:45 pm »
Hey Peter, just want to add that the live updater has always finished this way for me. Once it's done updating all the products you have installed (in my case, 12 of 37), it just quits abruptly. I also used to think this was a problem but, from what I've been reading elsewhere in the forum, I think this is perfectly normal. Umberto, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.

Meanwhile, still would appreciate any additional advice regarding the frozen GSX issue. Thanks again.

- Bob

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2022, 05:58:48 pm »
Hi again,
I made some pictures of the situation in FSX.

Picture 1 Antivirus: to prove my setting in Windows 10 before updating GSX.

Picture 2 Couatl 4: indicates Couatl in taskbar while FSX is running (new one?).

Picture 3 Couatl: indicates which updater.exe I was using. Using the shortcut on the desktop, the Updater will disappear from desktop.

Picture 4 PaxDoor: indicates the settings I made for the CaptainSim 757 III. Passenger Door 2 should be active. Also all other settings were adjusted.

Picture 5 Luggage: After aircraft customization. This is a nice one. The baggage Loader will turn away from the aircraft for about more than 600 Meters   ???

Picture 6 PAX: shows the aircraft customization did not work. Passangers are leaving at Door 1 in front and the Baggage Loader is not at the correct position (the other one goes for a break 600 Meters away) ;)

So this is how it works at my position. Now, I hope, you can tell me how to fix this.

Thank you
Kind regards
Peter

Maybe I forgot to mention, my FSX Gold is on a second SSD, means not on C drive.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 06:04:09 pm by Kalorien »