Author Topic: Passesngers loading in groups of 70.  (Read 1488 times)

Seth2413

Passesngers loading in groups of 70.
« on: December 31, 2022, 11:09:37 am »
Im so over this program, soooooo frustrating.  Now no matter what I cant get it to stop loading passesngers fast.  This constantly does it, what is the god dam solution!!??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passesngers loading in groups of 70.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 01:00:46 pm »
Im so over this program, soooooo frustrating.  Now no matter what I cant get it to stop loading passesngers fast.  This constantly does it, what is the god dam solution!!??

This has been explained so many times already, last time just a few days ago, on a thread aptly named "Boarding through jetway too fast"

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28816.msg187897.html#msg187897

Seth2413

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 11:51:59 am »
Might be explained but whats the fix.  I get no jetways working anymore - invisible passengers loading in a minute.  I read those posts and it says oh dont worry its not working but wait until SU12 in March and we'll have it fixed.  Are you kidding??  why isnt it being fixed now?  you realise we paid money for this.  Ridiculous. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 11:03:29 pm »
Might be explained but whats the fix.  I get no jetways working anymore - invisible passengers loading in a minute.  I read those posts and it says oh dont worry its not working but wait until SU12 in March and we'll have it fixed.  Are you kidding??  why isnt it being fixed now?  you realise we paid money for this.

It doesn't seem you really read that post carefully enough so, here's the key sentence for you:

Any time you see issues of passengers with the SU10 Navdata  Enabled, it's normal, and it's due to limitations in the API

Which indicates all the rest of the post explains those issue ( that happens with the SU10 Navdata  Enabled ), should be fixed with the SU12. There IS a reason why we don't enable it by default, and that's precisely because with the *current* SU10 Navdata API, we have even less data available compared with what we have when we read the airport .BGL so, in order not to have users assume those issues are "GSX bugs", we don't enable the SU10 Navdata API by default, because we know it's not complete.

Are you kidding??  why isnt it being fixed now?  you realise we paid money for this.  Ridiculous.

Are you suggesting we should have waited SU12 ( due in March 2023 ), and when the SU10 API came out ( October 2022 ) , telling users of Marketplace airports we won't use it, because it's not complete enough to not have any side effects ? What would have achieved that, exactly ?

- If we waited for SU12, nobody could use any kind of parking on any Marketplace airports for an extra 6 months.

- The way it is now, you can use Marketplace airports since last October, perfectly on Parking stands, and with some issues on Jetways and, if you disable the SU10 API, you can reduce those issues with Jetways non non-Marketplace airports quite a bit.

Seth2413

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 09:36:11 am »
My SU10 NAVDATA API button is disabled and always has been.  Still nothing and I mean nothing at any airport.  I took off from KORD (default) and fast passengers, I land at KDCA payware scenery and jetways dont extend, nothing.  I'll just unlink this because it does my head in.  You need a degree in computer programming to get it to work.  Youre explanation above? No clue what youre on about, a simple explanation to fix it (if at all) and not a lecture would suffice. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 10:07:13 am by Seth2413 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 05:47:49 pm »
My SU10 NAVDATA API button is disabled and always has been.  Still nothing and I mean nothing at any airport.  I took off from KORD (default) and fast passengers,

When the SU10 Navdata is Disabled, you will have less issues that are unique to the Navdata and its current inability of knowing the actual jetway position, which will be more noticeable on 3rd party jetways and especially on gates with double jetways, and are all related to the fact GSX must find jetways in a very cumbersome way, while when reading the .BGL, it will be less likely to confuse jetways, since it has their position from the .BGL, something that is currently missing from the SU10 Navdata, which ONLY tells us if a parking has a jetway or not ( True/False, that's it ), we don't know anything else about it, while when reading the .BGL, we at least have its position, its name and it's heading.

However, even when the Navdata API is not used, it doesn't mean you won't have ANY issues with jetways which, are not a GSX problem, but ( again ) a limitation of how the jetway system in the sim works. While without the Navdata API we do get the position, so we don't risk not finding a jetway, we are still missing important informations about it, which cannot be obtained in any way which ( again ) should be fixed with SU12.

Right now, we don't have ( even when Navdata is not used ):

- A sure way of knowing if a jetway docked, because there's no variable for that. We need to use a workaround, by checking if the jetway is not moving and its hood extension variable, which *kinda* works, but sometimes it doesn't.

- A way of knowing WHERE the jetway docked ( which door ), or if it docked partially, which sometimes happens, resulting in passengers walking in the air in the gap between the partially docked jetway and the airplane door.

We can only hope the jetway worked correctly and assume it docked on the main passenger exit. As everybody knows, the default jetway system sometimes does weird things, like docking on the back door and even on the service door with the head reversed! This would be a big problem if we could possibly KNOW about this but, as I've said, we just can't, nowhere the sim has a way to tell us where the jetway moved *after* it was activated.

What you CAN do in GSX, is to ensure your airplane is parked in a position that makes the jetway work correctly and always docking on the expected door, and this is achieved by customizing the Stop position, or using a ready-made airport profile, which will hopefully have been done in a way to allow that. The GSX parking customization editor has a JETWAY TEST function ( NumPad5 while editing a Parking spot ), which helps you ( or profile creators ) to know in advance if the jetway will work on that Stop position and, since it's relative to the Main passenger exit, it should work regardless of the airplane type used to customize a scenery vs the one used to fly the scenery,

I land at KDCA payware scenery and jetways dont extend, nothing.

This sentence seems to indicate you really haven't understood much how ( in fact, we should say "how little" ) GSX relates to the jetways.

Assuming you are using scenery correctly, meaning you Disabled the airport from GSX jetway replacement, which should have happened automatically ( assuming the scenery package has been named correctly ), what you are looking at there are the jetways that comes with the scenery.

NOTHING in GSX has any effect or changes the way a 3rd party jetway works, or not. If the jetway is not working, it doesn't have *anything* to do with GSX. What GSX does, just JUST send the standard command to operate a jetway, exactly as if you were using the default ATC Ground services menu.

- If a jetway works using the default ATC Ground services menu, it will work with GSX as well.

- If a jetway doesn't using the default ATC Ground services menu, it won't work in GSX as well.

If a jetway didn't work, which is completely unrelated and unaffected by GSX, passengers will board fast and you won't see them, and this ( again ) has NOTHING to do with GSX, which in this case is only affected by that jetway malfunction. In fact, GSX did the right thing in this case, not showing passengers, because it correctly detected the jetway didn't work.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 05:51:53 pm by virtuali »