Author Topic: CTD when trying to fly from South African Airports  (Read 632 times)

CTD when trying to fly from South African Airports
« on: September 25, 2022, 08:00:00 pm »
Hi,
When I try to start a flight from any major South African airport, I now get a CTD (no error message) during initial loading of the flight. I went through my community folder testing each addon and the CTDs stopped when I removed GSX pro and GSX world of jetways from my community folder and all flights worked until I placed GSX back in community folder.  It seems to be extremely localized as flights from Europe, Asia-Pacific and even Namibia start without issue. CTDs occurred when I started from FACT (Asobo version), FALE (Gaffer Simulations - MS Marketplace), FAPE (Gaffer Simulations - Simmarket), FALA (Caelus Aerial),FAOR (Default Asobo version) and Maputo - Freeware from Flightsim.to. The minor NMG airfields seem to be unaffected.
I have removed any GSX airport profiles and reinstalled GSX using the offline installer to make sure there is no corruption, however this has been to no avail so far so any SA flights require me to remove GSX to start a flight.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTD when trying to fly from South African Airports
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 10:38:47 pm »
I could only test two airports you said you couldn't start a flight from, that is default FAOR and FACT, and they work just fine, see the attached screenshots.

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 11:17:48 pm »
Very strange. I've tried again several times this evening again and get an immediate CTD during flight loading when trying to start a flight from any of the airports I've previously mentioned. As soon as I remove GSX PRO and world of jetways from the community folder, they work fine. Maybe there is a conflict between GSX and one of my other addons. I'll wait for the next update and reinstall and test again when I do my next SA flight.

Thanks again for checking.

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 11:34:54 pm »
Tried the Community folder with only GSX and works fine so there must be a conflict with one of the payware addons I have (as I was getting CTD with most addons removed when testing earlier).