Author Topic: Issues to report  (Read 1324 times)

Bentree

Issues to report
« on: August 20, 2022, 10:04:15 pm »
Firstly.....the GSX menu is not always coming up when you push the GSX logo at the toolbar, most of the time we have to do this twice....

After you start boarding process:

1. Luggage cars drive away to get suitcases (and it takes time for them to ever come back.
2. Luggage cars disappear under the surface when they drive away  into the distance and come above the surface a while later (and some distance further).
3. Luggage cars come back empty....no visible suitcases on them,
4. when the (empty) luggage cars arrive at the aircraft they drive right trough the abadoned luggage trollies on the ramp (beside the aircraft) that are standing there (the purple colored GSX ones).
5. when the luggage loading process begins, the worker walks to the luggage car and suddenly (as a mirical) he catches a suitcase in his hand, while the luggage car is still empty. (Luggage is then transported into the aircraft (and visible)
6. after asking 'prepare for p/b"the jetway is not retracted.
7. During p/b the VSI of the aircraft is pointing down....as we descent (down to 400 ft/min)
8. After towbar disconnect, the nose of the aircraft jumps up and down and the VSI is neutral again.
9. After landing the requested follow me car came, drove right throught the aircraft to the back, returned to the front and to the back again and appeared in front again, after this the route to the gate was oke.
10. Arriving at the gate the luggage cars already there....but the drivers float 4 meters above the cars...
11. At the gate the follow me car drove through the luggage car waiting there.
11. Requested the jetway after shutdown and there after debording.....then the jeyway retract again and the pax where walking through the air to the terminal at about 4 meters high.
12 the luggage was unloading, but after a suitcase was put on the luggage car the third suitcase always disappear, when the luggage car drives away (because it is "full"", there is no suitcase at all on the car.

Promising experience......but not ready for release yet !!

(Used scenery ASOBO EHAM Schiphol and PMDG B737)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 06:45:03 pm by Bentree »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: more bugs to report (GSX Pro at EHAM airport)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 06:17:09 am »
I think lots of these issues (at least all the ones that are related to altitudes issues) are likely the fairly uncommon situation of EHAM being below 0 altitude. It will likely require some specific treatment so yes, I don't say there's nothing we need to do to fix it but, in general, it would be best if you didn't based your reports over this very peculiar airport.

About the others when there's a "thing that drives through another thing", we explained so many times GSX vehicles are not really aware of each other (in some cases they are, but not always), because doing that would cause an enormous strain on the sim, because each vehicle would need to know the position of the other vehicles. While this might be possibly be done without connecting to the sim, at least for GSX vehicles, it won't solve any case of any possible collision between GSX vehicles and other vehicles in the sim because, how useful would be an avoidance system, if it couldn't avoid anything other than GSX vehicles ?

Sure you don't want them to drive through other AI or other ground vehicles or even your own plane, but to achieve this, we would need to spam the sim with commands know the position of *all* other ground objects at AI planes, with a frequency high enough to allow correction.

And that's just the performance aspect. The other aspect is this will likely introduce a whole new class of bugs, all falling into the "deadlock" category, like deciding who has to yeld to whom, how to solve conflicts and exit from deadlocks. Better having the vehicles driving through each other sometimes, than not having any service, because some vehicle might have been stuck.

And, lots of potential conflicts can usually be solved by editing the vehicles starting positions, something you'd want to do anyway (or wait for somebody to do it and share it) if you want to use a detailed airport, where you really need to have each vehicle individually placed.

Bentree

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 10:56:16 am »
Thanks for taking the time to react so specific on the issue Umberto, i will try other airports since i understand the below zero ft. groundlevel.

Bentree

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 04:55:08 pm »
Okay Umberto, i tried two other airports, the report:

Airport LOWI Innsbruck ORBX / Aircraft PMDG B737:

After P/b truck is connected to the aircraft nothing happens anymore...... i had to start the engines and just taxi away without being pushed back..

After landing at LOWS (Digital Design Salzburg airport), the ground handling was oke but the suitcases on the luggage cars disappear depending on the viewers viewpoint.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 05:12:11 pm »
After P/b truck is connected to the aircraft nothing happens anymore...... i had to start the engines and just taxi away without being pushed back..

Were you using the -600 version ? There's no configuration for it yet, we need to provide with one, before you can use it in GSX. The -700 is fully supported.

After landing at LOWS (Digital Design Salzburg airport), the ground handling was oke but the suitcases on the luggage cars disappear depending on the viewers viewpoint.

Completely normal, it's the simulator that decides to optimize objects based on their size. It usually goes away if you move the camera a bit back.

Bentree

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 06:44:32 pm »

Were you using the -600 version ? There's no configuration for it yet, we need to provide with one, before you can use it in GSX. The -700 is fully supported.

Completely normal, it's the simulator that decides to optimize objects based on their size. It usually goes away if you move the camera a bit back.

I was using the 700 version (i don't have the 600).

Thanks for your reply!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issues to report
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2022, 07:10:44 pm »
Did you had the Toolbar icon active at that time ? Maybe GSX was trying to tell you something, but you missed it because you closed the panel.

Bentree

Re: Issues to report
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2022, 07:22:59 pm »
Thanks for your reply...yes i did.....but clicking the toolbar icon does not always result in an active GSX menu...in fact this time it didn't come up.

There was noting GSX wanted to tell me (no beep sound for that also)....in fact, i restarted caoutl after this happened the first time and that resulted in the same situtaion, where after i decided to juist taxi away (couldn't close the active GSX situation).