Author Topic: Very Slow Download / Updates  (Read 1534 times)

Sinandgrin

Very Slow Download / Updates
« on: August 22, 2022, 09:48:59 pm »
I am currently re-downloading / updating all files after a decision to do a clean wipe and retry as I was having a slew of issues getting GSX Pro to work on my machine. Since I had old FSDT GSX and other products still in the Addon folder (for FSX, P3D which I no longer user) I opted to uninstall everything, delete the DIRs and try again.

I am still noticing today that after running FSDT_Universal_Installer.exe and the initial installation completes, when the FSDT Live Update program auto launches, that it is taking a VERY long time to download. I have been watching the "Updating now..." screen chug through for over 6 hours (see screen shot for current progress after 6 hours).
I have seen it sit at 100% - Performing step 1 of 1 - GSX Pro the whole time as well.
The second progress bar below that, is VERY slowing progressing (at 63% in image).

I had this same experience over the weekend when I tried this on a different computer and then again on this current computer. Both machines take forever here.
I gave a fast Google fiber 1Gb connection hard wired via ethernet CAT5E and made sure to disable my Bitdefender anti-virus software and turn off any windows defender firewall protection. Despite this I still am experiencing ridiculously slow speeds.

Are others facing similar issues?

Is there something else that I should check/disable to help improve this speed? I am worried that my original issues with the scripting engine not loading or the MSFS Tool Bar simply not being accessible after installing GSX Pro will return and I will need to go through another update at some time.