Author Topic: Fenix Airbus and Refuelling  (Read 4176 times)

jfo11

Re: Fenix Airbus and Refuelling
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2022, 12:02:18 am »
Is it important how I refuel the fenix? It has three options to do it, realistic, fast and instant.
I think all of them work, but I use "instant" to load instantly the Fenix (Fuel + PAX) and then I ask GSX for boarding, and I use the PAX boarding time (several minutes) to finish setting up the plane

interesting. because I found out when I use "instant" (after the fuel truck arrived), the fueling process of GSX only takes 2 sec.
with the other options it will last as long as the fenix is fueled...
Yes, the filling time is a few seconds, but you still get to see the full animation of the fuel truck arriving, connecting to the plane, and them disconnecting and leaving. I try to optimize my flows to have a time between spawning at the gate and push-back of 15 to max. 20 minutes, hence my “instant fueling” to cut time. I prefer to have more time for PAX boarding, which you can (usually) see and hear from the cockpit. But this is my personal choice. Took me some time to have it working (despite what the dev repeats in these forums, the manual is NOT SO EASY for newcomers to the product, specially for non-standard planes).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fenix Airbus and Refuelling
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2022, 04:04:01 pm »
interesting. because I found out when I use "instant" (after the fuel truck arrived), the fueling process of GSX only takes 2 sec.

Most likely, because you have the "Always refuel progressively" option Disabled in GSX, which is used exactly to simulate a progressive refueling in GSX, even if the airplane loads instantly.